Sport Shift - Page 3 - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes

post #21 of 28 Old 11-13-2018

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTech View Post
Where he mentioned Armenians. Armenian is an ethnicity.
That's what I get for speed reading....I thought it said American lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 11-13-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Quote:
Turd, your bigotry is showing. The ethnicity of drivers has nothing to do with the fact the Touareg has an adaptive shift program which, as the name suggests, adapts to different driving styles- contrary to your claim. Slurring people to appear as an authority damages your credibility; it doesn't raise it.
Why not make the time and effort to be inclusive of everyone here- at least everyone that enjoys Touaregs?
Just the facts.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glendale,_California Has nothing to do with bigotry. Wikipedia mentions no other ethnic group for Glendale, save Armenians. I guess Wikipedia is bigoted, too? Sorry, you lose. Facts are facts, deal with them, realistically. I LIVE among them.
post #23 of 28 Old 11-14-2018
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
And now, dear readers, we return to calmer waters discussing the shift change behaviour of VW Touaregs . . .

VW Touareg models are as follows:
Generation 1: T1 is model 7LA & facelift T2 is model 7L6
Generation 2: T3 is model 7P5 & facelift T4 is model 7P6
Generation 3: T5 is model CR7 [Not available in "VW Atlas" North America!]
Read Wikipedia:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T1 & T2 buyers MUST read:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Use Google or Bing to search by typing in: site:
followed by what you seek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 28 Old 11-14-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdBurgler View Post
New Century VW down in Glendale, CA is full of cow manure. Probably trying to upsell to the Armenian public down there, which in general, are terribly aggressive drivers, prone to showing off their wealth. They are far more inclined to drive an Audi, BMW or MB than a lowly VW. I drive Burbank, Glendale, and Pasadena, all the time, know the area well. Don't be fooled, that crowd will buy the Cayenne, instead. Image is everything, down there.
Armenians LOL. Because I live in Armenian ghetto. All three neighbors around are Armenians, plus their large clans. One of them drives VW Polo Agree, like other Asians, many of them like to throw the cheap and tasteless dust in your eyes. But I don't buy it.
post #25 of 28 Old 11-14-2018

Second Vehicle: Other
Garage
Quote:
Turd, your bigotry is showing. The ethnicity of drivers has nothing to do with the fact the Touareg has an adaptive shift program which, as the name suggests, adapts to different driving styles- contrary to your claim.
In actuality, nothing in his response had any relation to the topic or any value of any sort. He rambled on about car's he's had, tried to deflect by redefining "speedy", and then insulted an entire ethnic group.

RocketTech added some valuable and topical info and he just ran into left field and started digging a hole. lol

2014 - Touareg TDI R-Line
2018 Audi TT-RS
2018 BMW M240ix

Previous toys
2015 Audi S4
2015 Audi S3
2012 VW GTI Stg 2 6 speed
2012 VW Jetta TDI DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6 speed
post #26 of 28 Old 11-14-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper3 View Post
In actuality, nothing in his response had any relation to the topic or any value of any sort. He rambled on about car's he's had, tried to deflect by redefining "speedy", and then insulted an entire ethnic group.

https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c

RocketTech added some valuable and topical info and he just ran into left field and started digging a hole. lol
A Quote for New Century VW... which is a separate entity from VW of America, no relationship, from the sales department at New Century. Guess you're new to the idea of product puffery, aka BS to close a sale. Speedy is the ability to go fast. Shifting is based on acceleration... the ability to increase travel velocity over how much time. Two completely different concepts in physics. Cambridge dictionary has no reference to cars in their definition of "speedy". https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/...english/speedy

In other words, a poor choice of words by Glendale VW's copy writer.
post #27 of 28 Old 11-14-2018
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Adaptive Transmissions explained:
https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f...ined-8339.html

AFAIK, no Armenians are involved, nor persons from Glendale, nor New Century.

2016 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI Lux
2018 Passat 2.0 TSI R-Line
post #28 of 28 Old 02-21-2019 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
and now back to regular schedule programming.....

So... after putting many thousand miles on the TDI Touareg and switching to the Cayenne shift program (from the Q7/Touareg).... I can say I still have the same basic requests... and the following complaints (some new):

1) Hill descent is non existent. I think GM has this right on the Duramax... going down a hill with your foot off the throttle and it will downshift to maintain speed (very nice, even nicer with a trailer) With your foot lightly on the brake it also does this. Interestingly it senses the grade to apply braking. I wish the Touareg had this.

2) Up shifts are both too slow and not snappy enough. When Upshifting even with paddle shift the change interval seems longer than required.

3) Downshifts are also to slow and not snappy enough AND lack any kind of rev match to get rid of the jerk of a fast gear change

4) In Manual mode for some reason it auto up shifts early (way 500 RPM before the redline)... which makes no sense to me as I have every intention on uphifting about 200 RPM from redline. I find this sort of ruins manual mode to the point S mode has a better upshift behavior (sort of disappointing).

5) I wish it would have a 2 second lag when coming to a complete stop before switching from Manual (downshift mode) to auto mode. I downshift into M2 most of the time, and want to stay there after I come to a complete stop at a stop sign or sometimes when making a turn at a red light. Instead it drops into M1 as soon as I come to a complete stop then I have to upshift it to M2 again to pull out. I do this because M2 is fine for pulling out in normal driving and its low enough to still go as soon as the turbo does its thing. Also M1 is great for towing but really not needed on a daily driver basis.

6) I wish it would skip shift on light acceleration faster (better fuel economy).

Does anyone know if a good tune shop can adjust any of this?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode