Club Touareg Forum banner

Possible to activate coming/leaving home feature?

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  djsteffo 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have just bought a pre-owned 2017 Touareg R-line (with RCD550), which seem to lack the coming home/leaving home feature. Can't find any settings at all in the menus.

The seller sounded pretty sure that adding the feature would require hardware changes and cold NOT be activated just by software. Does that sound 100% accurate to you experts?

#2 ·
Mine (2016 T4) is activated via the menus without needing the green menu activated. The lights come on at night when you unlock the car with the remote. When arriving home you flick the high beam (headlights flash briefly) and then come on again when you open the door to light your way for a couple of minutes.

#3 ·
Unfortunately that doesn’t work either in my car. I dont have any menu option that regards the ”coming/leaving home” features, which feels a bit strange on a 2017 premium car... ?

Question is if this function can be activated via VAG-COM or if it requires hardware changes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.