2016 T3 Mods List - Page 2 - Club Touareg Forums
 14Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 94 Old 04-09-2016
Junior Member
 
Touareg: 2016 V6 FSI
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Annapolis, MD
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 13
Thanks: 18
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
KT88

Thanks! Great post and I just completed gear display, seat belt chime disable and a few others. The one below did not work too well for me. Disable Comfort Operation was already unchecked. What I found is I had to check the enable Remote and Enable Advanced Key options. I also found out that messing with Adaptation actually kept my windows from opening and closing so I reset those back as they were. The last step was to go into the Car menu, find the new menu item "Vehicle Key" and check the three items Front Windows, Rear Windows and Sliding Roof to enable their operation with the remote via "Press and Hold to open."





Quote:
Originally Posted by NMReg View Post
46-Central Conv - Comfort Operation, Key Warning, Remote Key Coding, Open-Close Adaptation codes

Comfort Opening/Closing
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 2 Bit 0 Enable/Disable Comfort Operation. It must be Enabled (unchecked) for the adaptation codes to work.

[Adaptation 10] -> Select/adjust entries from the drop-down menu to configure the keys and various comfort opening/closing options. VCDS has help menus with each configuration’s code.
KT88 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 94 Old 04-28-2016
Junior Member
 
Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Canada
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Posts: 22
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
This thread must be made sticky - without hesitation . Post gets a thanks! As soon as I am in front of a pc.

I got my 2015 yesterday, and tried fiddling with vagcom based on everything I've learned from my cc and gti. This seems to resemble my cc r-line far more than the mk7 gti. I hope to help you discover some of the ones you're missing, as they are of interest to me too. I've done tons of vagcom tinkering in the last 10 yrs or so, but never on the Touareg.

My '15 is an execline r-line, and a remote starter, so I am additionally interested in:

* whether or not I can re-add hands free hatch open which is deleted on rline
* set memory of seat heater on front *and rear* seats when turning on in the morning
* rain sensing sunroof close
* open roof (not just raiseed) when openimg windows via keyfob.

Thay last one may not be possible, but I threw it out there just in case. My CC didnt have a retractable roof, and I wasn't able to do it on the mk7 gti.
sandr0id is offline  
post #13 of 94 Old 04-28-2016
Touareg Enthusiast
 
yuyueyuyue's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2012 Hybrid
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Posts: 258
Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandr0id View Post
This thread must be made sticky - without hesitation . Post gets a thanks! As soon as I am in front of a pc.

I got my 2015 yesterday, and tried fiddling with vagcom based on everything I've learned from my cc and gti. This seems to resemble my cc r-line far more than the mk7 gti. I hope to help you discover some of the ones you're missing, as they are of interest to me too. I've done tons of vagcom tinkering in the last 10 yrs or so, but never on the Touareg.

My '15 is an execline r-line, and a remote starter, so I am additionally interested in:

* whether or not I can re-add hands free hatch open which is deleted on rline
* set memory of seat heater on front *and rear* seats when turning on in the morning
* rain sensing sunroof close
* open roof (not just raiseed) when openimg windows via keyfob.

Thay last one may not be possible, but I threw it out there just in case. My CC didnt have a retractable roof, and I wasn't able to do it on the mk7 gti.
seat heater memory can be set in HVAC adaptation.
roof will open with comfort opening, you just need to hold it long enough.
yuyueyuyue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 94 Old 04-28-2016
Touareg Enthusiast
 
yuyueyuyue's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2012 Hybrid
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: USA
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Posts: 258
Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Garage
adjusting heated steering wheel temperature.

https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f8...re-236457.html
yuyueyuyue is offline  
post #15 of 94 Old 05-01-2016
Junior Member
 
Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Calgary
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 32
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Has anyone made any progress on the oil temperature display?

I'm highly annoyed that I can't figure out how to add this.

I Might try calling Ross-Tec next time I have some time during business hours.
UnXpectedError is offline  
post #16 of 94 Old 05-01-2016
Touareg Mechanic
 
Philth's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Posts: 848
Thanks: 33
Thanked 66 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuyueyuyue View Post
seat heater memory can be set in HVAC adaptation.
roof will open with comfort opening, you just need to hold it long enough.
What is comfort opening?

Also, does this vehicle close windows if the rain sensor is wet?
Philth is offline  
post #17 of 94 Old 05-02-2016
Junior Member
 
Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Canada
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anybody succesfully changed the push-to-talk to mute?
KrUsTyX is offline  
post #18 of 94 Old 05-06-2016
Junior Member
 
Touareg: 2016 V6 FSI
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Annapolis, MD
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Posts: 13
Thanks: 18
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Comfort opening/closing windows/sunroof with remote. Nice to open her up on a hot day before you arrive to drive off .... or to close her up from office window (I'm 20 ft away) if it starts to rain.

No clue as to closing with rain sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philth View Post
What is comfort opening?

Also, does this vehicle close windows if the rain sensor is wet?
KT88 is offline  
post #19 of 94 Old 05-06-2016
Touareg Addict
 
Oregon TDI's Avatar
 
Touareg: Still looking
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Oregon
Second Vehicle: Other
Posts: 1,953
Thanks: 141
Thanked 203 Times in 160 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnXpectedError View Post
Has anyone made any progress on the oil temperature display?

I'm highly annoyed that I can't figure out how to add this.

I Might try calling Ross-Tec next time I have some time during business hours.
My theory is that the software controlling the driver's MFD has no Oil Temp option to toggle on/off by VCDS. VCDS thinks it does because it was there in earlier model years. But at some point it was removed from the software.

In short: The oil temp data is available but there's no software to display it.

I would welcome being proven wrong.
Oregon TDI is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Oregon TDI For This Useful Post:
kenrick118 (04-30-2017)
post #20 of 94 Old 05-06-2016
Touareg Mechanic
 
Philth's Avatar
 
Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Posts: 848
Thanks: 33
Thanked 66 Times in 51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT88 View Post
Comfort opening/closing windows/sunroof with remote. Nice to open her up on a hot day before you arrive to drive off .... or to close her up from office window (I'm 20 ft away) if it starts to rain.
Is this option enabled already? Sounds like it is from what I've been reading? If so, I haven't been able to figure it out.
Philth is offline  
Reply

Tags
2016 t3 , vcds vag-com

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 

VW Touareg News Delivered to your Email!

Stay up-to-date with Touareg news in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]