Club Touareg Forum banner

2011 VAG-COM

57K views 55 replies 23 participants last post by  John W 
#1 ·
I just picked up a TDI for my wife. Nice car.

I have a VAG-COM already for my Audi, but there are NO long coding helpers with the Ross Tech software yet.

Has anyone disabled the seatbelt chime on the 2011 yet?

Thanks,

Sam

#3 ·
Yes - I bought the cable from Ross Tech 2 years ago for my Audi. I've used it many times, including having to use to change brake pads when I go to the track. I've also used it on a GF's Passat to disable the seatbelt chime and enable remote window/sunroof operation.

On the Touareg (2011) there are none of the pre-labeled bit changes (tick boxes), and I don't see an obvious way to change anything without a long serires of trial-and-error.

I have version 10.6, the lastest version of the software.

Anyone have Vag-Com luck with the 2011 model?

Sam

#5 ·
Hello from snowy Russia!

I own 2011 TReg (new one, also called NF or 7P), and have found some tricks with VAGCOM. You will need the latest 10.6.3 version, as it has more labels and descriptions.

1. Module 17 (instruments), 10-Adaptation, and than choose Seatbelt Chime from drop-down menu. You may set it to disabled if you dont need those sound

2. You may also add oil temperature to dashboard by selecting (in the same drop-down menu)
configuration of driver information system - oil temperature - active

3. RNS-850 is actually the same is Audi MMI 3G. So you may use all codes for it, like video in motion
VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G

or enable green (hidden) menu
Module 5F, Adaptation – 10, channel 6, set 1 instead of 0. then press SETUP + CAR for several seconds.

You may even enable Offroad navigation mode on a car without TerrainTech by setting diagnose - settings - offroad navi to 1/2 - enabled in that hidden menu. Also there's some wifi network availible in RNS-850, but I haven't found how to use it.

At the moment I'm trying to send as much as possible scans of different Tregs to Ross-Tech, as it would help to improve label-files in next versions. Please do the same with your Tregs. I believe, there is much more possibilities to enable, like enabling Dynamic Light Assist or Proactive occupant protection system (seems like these are software options)

Have fun!

#6 ·
Thanks for the help. I don't think I looked under the 10-Adaptation menu, so I'll give it a shot.

Also will try to send maps to Ross-Tech

Sam

Hello from snowy Russia!

I own 2011 TReg (new one, also called NF or 7P), and have found some tricks with VAGCOM. You will need the latest 10.6.3 version, as it has more labels and descriptions.

1. Module 17 (instruments), 10-Adaptation, and than choose Seatbelt Chime from drop-down menu. You may set it to disabled if you dont need those sound

2. You may also add oil temperature to dashboard by selecting (in the same drop-down menu)
configuration of driver information system - oil temperature - active

3. RNS-850 is actually the same is Audi MMI 3G. So you may use all codes for it, like video in motion
VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G

or enable green (hidden) menu
Module 5F, Adaptation – 10, channel 6, set 1 instead of 0. then press SETUP + CAR for several seconds.

You may even enable Offroad navigation mode on a car without TerrainTech by setting diagnose - settings - offroad navi to 1/2 - enabled in that hidden menu. Also there's some wifi network availible in RNS-850, but I haven't found how to use it.

At the moment I'm trying to send as much as possible scans of different Tregs to Ross-Tech, as it would help to improve label-files in next versions. Please do the same with your Tregs. I believe, there is much more possibilities to enable, like enabling Dynamic Light Assist or Proactive occupant protection system (seems like these are software options)

Have fun!

#7 ·
The Deactivation should be done via Coding, feel free to send me your Auto-Scan and maps via Email and we should be able to get you some more details on this topic.

BTW: I'd suggest you use the new Beta version for this purpose.

Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Current Beta

#10 ·
It's a feature alot of Audi's have, Google it. It allows you to view/reset DTC's, turn on hidden things such as offroad menu's, access hidden things such as WIFI in the RNS 850. Don't ask me what the wifi does or how it works i'm still learning, but there are tons of things this thing can do that we can't understand just yet. Oh you can access Nav version numbers and such, it's basically a menu giving you access to some of the most basic things the car has and does.

#13 ·
I'm experiencing the same issues as morecarl.

2. When changing the oil temp to active I receive the same out of range message

3. When trying to get the video in motion function to work, I get to the end and need to reboot the MMI. I can't figure what the "3 - top right" button is on the 2011 Touareg. There are no buttons around the control key.

4. Green menu - I have been able to change channel 6 to 1. But when I press SETUP + CAR nothing happens. I'm not sure if the green menu is enabled.

I have the ignition on without the engine running. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#18 ·
oil temperature cann't be enabled on some Tregs. I don't know why and what it depends on, but sure - not production date

for RNS850 reset press simultaneously 5 buttons: Nav+Traffic+Climate+Phone+Knob

to enter Green menu - start your car, wait a minute or two, open Radio mode and only then press Car+Setup for several seconds

also, visit
T3 VAGcom tweaks - myTreg forums
as there are many people, who confirmed this tricks

#22 ·
it's pretty amazing fooled with the system last night, there's a built in tv tuner, (missing module I believe) also a wifi sytem as well, which u can connect to but i haven't figure out how to connect it to a net work. Also a battery voltage guage, i haven't had any luck activating it, i'm thinking it's a hybrid gauge. Anyhow, tons of things to look through. Even a menu for nightvision!!

#23 ·
Hi Guys,

I am completely new to this VAG-COM system, have only used simple diagnostic tool before. It will be nice if you can teach me more.

By reading some discussions here, does it mean this system allow us to switch on or turn on some of the hidden function of my 2011 Touareg V6 3.6 locked by manufacturer? If so, it is a very good news.

#27 ·
My VDCS (beta v11.2) cannot open (connect to) controller 17 (Instruments) on my treg
It can open most of the other controllers
Any ideas?
Ross-Tech is working the bug. A fix is pending and will be in Beta release 11.2.2. We are not ready to state when that fix will be released as we have other reports that we are working on.

To recklez: There are always some issues with Beta releases. It is why we make Beta releases. We cannot possibly test on every module on every car so we need the assistance of our community to help. Testrada sent the bug report to us at 10:20am today and we are already working on it. To label Beta 11.2 as "buggy" is not accurate. There have been very few reported problems. If you have some you would like to report, please do so. It helps the community to have the tool we all want to have.

#28 ·
bearthebruce, OK, sorry to name it "buggy". I know what is beta, and it's always a non-end-user software, but some kind of prototype for enthusiasts and developers. That's why I was surprised to hear someone uses it

I've already send my T3 scans to suppport@ross-tech.com, and hope this information would be useful for next versions and adding new descriptions. 10.6.4 has no labels for NF

#29 ·
I've already send my T3 scans to suppport@ross-tech.com, and hope this information would be useful for next versions and adding new descriptions. 10.6.4 has no labels for NF
Scans like this help our group to add the label content in future releases. As I said in my earlier post, it is only through the support of the community that we get access to vehicles. We cannot possibly see all that VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda/Bentley do around the world from our base in the US.

Thank you recklez. You support will help the product.

#31 ·
Green Menu will be nothing but a novelty with your TDI, I thought that was for the Hybrid model. If you get windows up and down via remote you are king since previous gen could not do this since the module was not capable of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.