Traffic Reports Enabled- RNS 850 - Page 7 - Club Touareg Forums
 9Likes

post #61 of 66 Old 03-31-2018

Touareg: 2012 V6 FSI
Second Vehicle: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
The image below is for the Golf. Code is 1024.... That should work if you have the MIB or MIB2 systems in Golf 7, not the RNS510 in earlier Golfs. For the RNS850 you need software and maps from 2014 and code is 32787. This is only for Aussie vehicles not ROW.
Hi Flipper, thank you indeed for sharing the info. Ive a MY12 Touareg. Ive few questions.

How do I know map version? Not sure if VW automatically updates maps during service. I was servicing from VW dealer till last year.

If it isnt, what is the best way to get the 2014 map? Not sure if VW will charge an arm and leg! thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 03-31-2018 Thread Starter
Learner

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2015 V8 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesB View Post
Hi guys,
I am new to this forum, I have a 2017 Touareg Wolfsburg with RNS850 firmware version 823. I have found this forum very worthwhile in particular the input from Singh.
I thought I would pass on my findings as they may help someone - noting that they may have been firmware version related.
I did the traffic monitoring change ( channel 69 from 4 to 32787) and it t all worked well until i did the GE (did not do a firmware update as I have a latter version) and I lost Traffic monitoring.
I had found that the script for the GE update had changed the coding for channel 69 from 32787 to 32783. I changed it back to 32787 and both GE and Traffic Monitoring are now working properly.

Sometimes the order of modifications matter as I also had problem with Road Sign recognition. I found that I had to roll out the VZE changes and first enable Lane assist via the green screen, (cardevicelist and carmenuoperations), reboot the RNS and then do the VZE modifications.
Hi, Great that you can leverage the imput from everyone here and add your experience and knowledge too.
Trust you’re enjoying your wolfsburg experience

V8 TDI R line MY15, White, Panoramic roof, VW towbar. Dynamic Road Sign Recognition, Lane Assist, Traffic Reports, Google Earth enabled. All Led.

V10 TDI, MYO6 on Conti CrossContact 255/60/18s with RNS510, Paddle Shifters, Rear Diff lock, Mounted Spare, Bluetooth, 4 Zone CC, Keyless, AFS Xenons, TPMS, Easy Entry/Exit, Twin Batteries, Air Suspension, Sunroof, Icom IC440 UHF radio...

Had, Sold & Missed...V6 petrol on Pirelli AT's with Sat Nav, Rear Diff lock, Bluetooth & Phatbox.
post #63 of 66 Old 03-31-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2006 V8
May have to play around with this for us USA folks...

Normally as mentioned we have to pay for the sirius traffic service, but we do also have the free FM broadcasted TMC like you aussies (<-- did I spell that right?) are getting.

2014 Touareg TDi Executive Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 Old 03-31-2018
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Hi Flipper, thank you indeed for sharing the info. Ive a MY12 Touareg. Ive few questions.

How do I know map version? Not sure if VW automatically updates maps during service. I was servicing from VW dealer till last year.

If it isnt, what is the best way to get the 2014 map? Not sure if VW will charge an arm and leg! thank you.
Josh,
SETUP > SYSTEM > VERSION INFO , the screen needs to be to following or later:
Media Version:
HN+_EU_VW_P0775

Navigation database version:
8R0060884BN AN 5.6.5

I used these guys for the last map update - https://jku.com.au/2016-volkswagen-t...ware-3399.html
Volkswagen can supply and install as too any Audi dealer, you need the MMI 3g Plus maps if going to Audi.

I found that the most expensive and less knowledgeable were Volkswagen. Audi will release new 2018 maps in May.

Flipper Dog

Now - Audi Q5 TDI and Golf R Line.

Retired - 2nd gen (T3) V6 TDI -
Very big hole in roof / Vanilla flavoured outside / Black Nappa inside with a brush of aluminium / OEM tow pack / Dark glass windows / Lots of cameras / Warm wheel with paddles / RNS850 / Extra real spare wheel / Some other stuff.

Had but now gone
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Facelift (T2) V6 TDI-

Sun roof / Shadow Blue outside / Anthracite cow inside / tow pack. Now in a loving new home.
post #65 of 66 Old 10-07-2018

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Hi all
I have a MY12 T'reg with original maps and firmware. Can someone clarify if i only need 2014+ (P0775) firmware to enable Traffic or must i also have 2014+ maps too? Can someone post a link to firmware please? (i have VCDS)
post #66 of 66 Old 1 Week Ago

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Hi All,

Just had my MY16 Touareg serviced at VW and they updated the RNS850 firmware and the Nav data base. It seems the traffic info hack (5F/Chan 69 =32787) has stopped working. Any ideas on what the new coding should be?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode