Launch Model Pricing - Club Touareg Forums
 6Likes

post #1 of 28 Old 03-21-2019 Thread Starter

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Launch Model Pricing

Hi,

Been advised of launch Model Pricing as follows.
There is only one vehicle variant (190kw/600Nm TDI) with only 2 additional options available at launch -Innovision package which includes: Active Info Display (digital instrument cluster), HUD, 15" Discover Premium, Ambient Lighting with 30 colours and wait for it.....a volume scroll wheel. The other option is the pano sunroof. When I bought our MY16 180TDI the RRP was $85,490 and we added the Driver Assistance Pack $5,400 and the Comfort Pack at $3000. The launch model has all of that kit included in the $89,900 and way more like 18 way adjustable ft seats with heated/ventilated and massage function, park assist, 4 zone climate, IQ Dynamic LED headlights, 20" Braga black alloys, Ft cross traffic assist, Predictive pedestrian protection, electric tailgate with easy open/close. For me it's a no brainer, launch touareg with innovision package, sunroof and metallic paint taking the RRP to $102,990. Suspect drive away price will be $110,000 however some movement likely. Don't know about the rest of you, but we've had a series 1, and series 2 (both brand new purchases) and couldn't be happier with the car. This will be our 3rd.

- Touareg 190TDI Launch Edition RRP $89,990
- Innovision Package RRP $8,000
- Panoramic Sunroof RRP $3,000
Choice of 4 paint colours
- Pure White No Cost
- Silicone Grey Metallic RRP $2,000
- Deep Black Pearl RRP $2,000
- Hero Launch Colour Reef Blue RRP $2,000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 03-22-2019
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Thanks for the info. Any word when the V8 will be available in Oz?
I have heard somewhere between end 2019 and 2021!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #3 of 28 Old 03-24-2019
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2016 V8 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan.thompson View Post
Hi,

Been advised of launch Model Pricing as follows.
There is only one vehicle variant (190kw/600Nm TDI) with only 2 additional options available at launch -Innovision package which includes: Active Info Display (digital instrument cluster), HUD, 15" Discover Premium, Ambient Lighting with 30 colours and wait for it.....a volume scroll wheel. The other option is the pano sunroof. When I bought our MY16 180TDI the RRP was $85,490 and we added the Driver Assistance Pack $5,400 and the Comfort Pack at $3000. The launch model has all of that kit included in the $89,900 and way more like 18 way adjustable ft seats with heated/ventilated and massage function, park assist, 4 zone climate, IQ Dynamic LED headlights, 20" Braga black alloys, Ft cross traffic assist, Predictive pedestrian protection, electric tailgate with easy open/close. For me it's a no brainer, launch touareg with innovision package, sunroof and metallic paint taking the RRP to $102,990. Suspect drive away price will be $110,000 however some movement likely. Don't know about the rest of you, but we've had a series 1, and series 2 (both brand new purchases) and couldn't be happier with the car. This will be our 3rd.

- Touareg 190TDI Launch Edition RRP $89,990
- Innovision Package RRP $8,000
- Panoramic Sunroof RRP $3,000
Choice of 4 paint colours
- Pure White No Cost
- Silicone Grey Metallic RRP $2,000
- Deep Black Pearl RRP $2,000
- Hero Launch Colour Reef Blue RRP $2,000
How does the above launch pricing compare to the current pricing?

I read somewhere that they will also be making a 210TDI version available, so this would be my pick if you don't want to the V8 TDI version.

Regarding when the V8 TDI will arrive in Aust, it is still too early to tell.

Suggest calling up the local VW dealer and see if they know, but unless already confirmed, they will just speculate on a date.

BTW: I saw this video of the V8 TDI being previewed at a recent motor show.

Aust spec MY16 V8 TDi R-Line - Black Pearl - panoramic sunroof
The Following User Says Thank You to nm2003 For This Useful Post:
GazzaK (03-24-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 03-24-2019
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Thanks mate. In Nov last year, I placed a deposit for the new V8 with prob the biggest VW dealer in Australia.
They still havenít heard anything from VGA regarding an arrival date.
Just wondering if there are any spies on here who may know? VW are certainly playing their cards very close to their chest.

post #5 of 28 Old 03-24-2019
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazzaK View Post
Thanks mate. In Nov last year, I placed a deposit for the new V8 with prob the biggest VW dealer in Australia.
They still havenít heard anything from VGA regarding an arrival date.
Just wondering if there are any spies on here who may know? VW are certainly playing their cards very close to their chest.

You are on a winner if you get the V8 TDi (either the current one or this new one).

Skip to the interview with the VW Head of Marketing & Sales (starting at 12 mins into the video).

@13:50: He mentioned that he has one and that people who own the V8 TDi, love them and will keep it forever, similar to what occurred with owners of the original V10 TDi (they will also never sell theirs).
GazzaK likes this.

post #6 of 28 Old 04-03-2019

Touareg: 2015 V8 TDI
I probably won't jump in straight on launch but the new V8 is pretty much the only reason I'd upgrade my current V8 R Line.

And the main reason I want to upgrade is that it has shitty infotainment, and also as I don't have a garage my cars end up looking pretty ratty by about the 5 year mark, so a 'forever car' isn't really an option for me.

Pricing looks like it's gonna be up there. Any guesses on drive away pricing for the new V8? If the V6 is going to be $100k-$110k then the V8 might be more like $140k which is getting pretty high for a VW.
post #7 of 28 Old 04-03-2019
Touareg Enthusiast

Get a Revo tune on your current V8 TDi. Will bump the power up to 331kw and 890nm.

Very drivable and extra power when you need it. The extra power will be comparable to performance of the new one for around $1200.

On the pricing on the new one, I was looking back at pricing for the R50 when new, back in 2008, it was $130k, before on-roads.

The pricing on the new may be similar, but will depend on what VW Aust provided as standard. If it follows the current R-Line, the only option will be the sunroof (with everything else included as standard).
redgsr likes this.

post #8 of 28 Old 04-30-2019 Thread Starter

Touareg: Still looking
Well, we've done it. Signed the contract and placed deposit on Launch Edition 190kw 600NM. Reef blue with both available options (Innovision and Panoramic roof). Car is docking in Melbourne this Friday, and subject to VW release should have it week starting 27th May - the 27th May is apparently the official Aus launch date. Dealer couldn't confirm when the 170TDI entry and 210TDI will be arriving to replace the 190TDI Launch other than to say about 6 months. Low $60k's changeover with our MY15 180TDI as trade (42k for trade)

Can't wait!!
GazzaK and Gibbo88 like this.
post #9 of 28 Old 04-30-2019
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Well, we've done it. Signed the contract and placed deposit on Launch Edition 190kw 600NM. Reef blue with both available options (Innovision and Panoramic roof). Car is docking in Melbourne this Friday, and subject to VW release should have it week starting 27th May - the 27th May is apparently the official Aus launch date. Dealer couldn't confirm when the 170TDI entry and 210TDI will be arriving to replace the 190TDI Launch other than to say about 6 months. Low $60k's changeover with our MY15 180TDI as trade (42k for trade)

Can't wait!!
Congratulations on the purchase.

Keep us informed how it goes once you get delivery.

PS. Reef Blue is a great color. Good second to black pearl.

post #10 of 28 Old 04-30-2019
Learner

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2015 V8 TDI
Quote:

Can't wait!!
Congrats !
Saw it first hand locally at a vw panel shop, nice colour it is.

V8 TDI R line MY15, White, Panoramic roof, VW towbar. Dynamic Road Sign Recognition, Lane Assist, Traffic Reports, Google Earth enabled. All Led.

V10 TDI, MYO6 on Conti CrossContact 255/60/18s with RNS510, Paddle Shifters, Rear Diff lock, Mounted Spare, Bluetooth, 4 Zone CC, Keyless, AFS Xenons, TPMS, Easy Entry/Exit, Twin Batteries, Air Suspension, Sunroof, Icom IC440 UHF radio...

Had, Sold & Missed...V6 petrol on Pirelli AT's with Sat Nav, Rear Diff lock, Bluetooth & Phatbox.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode