Lift kit? - Club Touareg Forums
 30Likes

post #1 of 261 Old 09-25-2006 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Lift kit?

To my knowledge there is no such thing available for us unfortunate ones without Air Suspension. I definitely would like a 3" or so lift. I want to run 33's. Anyone else? Does anyone know of any company with plans to produce a lift? I think i need to go after this and try and make it happen. This goes for black Steel wheels also, or a set of Black Mojave Teflons. Werd!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 261 Old 09-25-2006
Touareg Mechanic

I doubt any company will put in the high cost of research and development of a lift kit considering there are so few Touaregs on the road. The sales numbers are just not there, in my opinion, for them to make much of a profit on such an item. Not to mention how complicated it would have to be. But, hopefully someone can prove me wrong. I would love to see a lifted Touareg. I just saw a 6" lift on a PT Cruiser! Ugly, but interesting to see.

V8 Offroad Grey, Xenon, Nav & On Star
Air Suspension, Convenience Package, 4 Zone Climate, Vagged= One Kickass Truck
post #3 of 261 Old 09-25-2006 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Yeah i definitely agree with you. But it really wouldnt require much R&D. Even if it was just a 3" coil spacer lift. Think about it though. No one wants to do it because of the numbers of Touaregs out there, let alone the number of them that actually off road. But, if a company was to make a kit, they would most likely be the only ones, therefore all the Touareg owners that wanted a lift would only have 1 choice. Sounds good to me. Just wanted to try and guage interest here before i go after it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 261 Old 09-27-2006 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Wow. No interest. No wonder no company has developed a lift. Lame.
post #5 of 261 Old 09-29-2006
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: Still looking
My buddy does/did most of the R&D for Off-Road Unlimited, 4-wheel parts and Dick Cepek. I will ask him if wants to try and 1-off something for me. I haven't talked with him for AWHILE . He has done about 40 trucks for SEMA. They all kick ass. I will let you guys know if he says yes.

2006 Col Red V8 Pkg 2
2003 Mini Cooper
2002 BMW 325CI
1985 BMW 325e

(formerly Itsaminivan)
post #6 of 261 Old 09-29-2006
Touareg Mechanic

I share your pain

I've tried to get a 50mm lift kit for R5 and no one of the 'big name' 4wd companies here in Oz want anything to do with Touaregs. I figure 50mm and 255/65/17 tyres should give me all the lift I need.

One company said they could get new springs made to give the lift, but it would mean that they'd need the car for a couple of weeks.

I'd be happy with spacers. Let the forum know how you all get on if you find something usefull.

Bob

2009 LR D3 SE
2005 R5 Luxury - Gone
post #7 of 261 Old 10-25-2006
Touareg Enthusiast

Makes me glad I have the Air ride. I run 31" tires 275/65/18, it gets me over the ditch and into the pasture. These Nitto tires are great. I have the Terra Grapplers for winter and the 402's for summer.

Reed Green 2007 V-10, Nav, Winter Package, Air Sup., Four Zone, Locking Dif, Sirius, llumar tint, Mud Flaps,Tow. Monster mats. TPMS comming soon. Covered dash bin.
post #8 of 261 Old 03-29-2007

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
Lift...

I've made a 2 1/4'' spacer lift for the front and a 2 3/4" spacer for the rear because of the angle of the spring. I also have a set of 265-70-17 Goodyear MTR's. It's been ridding a little stiffer, but a lot better than expected. I plan on trying it out at Windrock here in Tennessee Easter Weekend '07. So far so good. The extra height was worth the work. I could probably reproduce a set with our CNC machine at work, but I want to do some real world testing to make sure everything holds up.
DarkSeasDetail likes this.

Who needs a Jeep?
post #9 of 261 Old 03-29-2007

Re: Lift...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Irishman
I've made a 2 1/4'' spacer lift for the front and a 2 3/4" spacer for the rear because of the angle of the spring. I also have a set of 265-70-17 Goodyear MTR's. It's been ridding a little stiffer, but a lot better than expected. I plan on trying it out at Windrock here in Tennessee Easter Weekend '07. So far so good. The extra height was worth the work. I could probably reproduce a set with our CNC machine at work, but I want to do some real world testing to make sure everything holds up.
Is it possible to see some pics? I'm running the 265/70 x 17 BFGs, and under some conditions I get a little tire rub. Another inch or two would be enough to negate it, I think...
post #10 of 261 Old 03-30-2007

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
Haven't figured out how to add pics. I have lots posted on my myspace page. Display name is Brown Irishman.

Who needs a Jeep?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in