Club Touareg Forum banner

Abt exterior parts

54K views 228 replies 25 participants last post by  TheChunknorris 
#1 ·
Today was an excellent day. Along with a thorough detailing, my ABT parts arrived from Germany via Vivid Racing. I’ll be be slowly updating this thread since I’m deploying next month but here are pics of the spoiler on the Touareg.

The fit is 100% perfect as you’d expect from ABT. I’m trying to get it painted next week after Christmas.

See less See more
#3 ·
Guess I’ll update this thread. My body guy hasn’t had a chance to get my spoiler painted and installed but I did get the following.

- 2016 Porsche Cayenne Turbo wheels and tires

- 18z Cayenne brakes(won’t be installed until later)

- H&R lowering springs

- VW front valence(7P0-071-608-A-JKA)

I’ll be deploying in early March but the wheels and drop will be in by next weekend. The specs on the wheels are 21x10+50 so with the extra .5”(12mm) in width and the 9mm difference in offset between the 21” Mallorys(for reference) to the Turbo wheels should make it flush with the fender.

Attached is just a photo of the wheels. I’ll have pics of the wheels on the car here soon. If anyone has questions about the fit or want specific pics when they get installed, don’t hesitate to ask.

#168 ·
Guess I’ll update this thread. My body guy hasn’t had a chance to get my spoiler painted and installed but I did get the following.

- 2016 Porsche Cayenne Turbo wheels and tires

- 18z Cayenne brakes(won’t be installed until later)

- H&R lowering springs

- VW front valence(7P0-071-608-A-JKA)

I’ll be deploying in early March but the wheels and drop will be in by next weekend. The specs on the wheels are 21x10+50 so with the extra .5”(12mm) in width and the 9mm difference in offset between the 21” Mallorys(for reference) to the Turbo wheels should make it flush with the fender.

Attached is just a photo of the wheels. I’ll have pics of the wheels on the car here soon. If anyone has questions about the fit or want specific pics when they get installed, don’t hesitate to ask.

what did this front valance come stock on? or was it just a factory option?

#4 ·
First and foremost.... thank you for your service where ever you are, I'm surprised Nooby hasn't demanded you update your profile to show it.

Second... and I hate to be a negative Nancy... but I'm not liking the spoiler. There's a space between it and the original one that houses the 3rd brake light. What's the purpose of it if you're going to be lowering the vehicle anyway(which IMO is not a good idea)?? The idea of a rear spoiler is to create down force so the vehicle is more stable at high speeds. You going racing??

The rims are nice, just watch out for curbs. Seems like the + offsets of these vehicles are susceptible to curb rash.

All in all... to each their own.
Good luck with your additions and be safe while deployed. I've got family deployed as well. Prayers for all.

#5 ·
No need to apologize and opinions are welcomed here... good or bad. I’m going for a Cayenne GTS-esque look overall and it’s purely aesthetic, the premium Cayennes have a similar spoiler set up. I know it’s not everyone’s taste but I like the Range Rover, Cayenne and AMG Mercedes look. I live in South Florida so other than going to an outdoor shooting range in farmland, my Touareg doesn’t go off-road often... lots of highway driving for me.

Thanks for the kind words. I was in the Air Force for 6 years and now I work in the Drone/UAS world now so thanks again.

#8 ·
I've said this before and I'll say it again...It's all about the wheels. Looks great!!!

Reactions: Mike in Anchorage
#11 ·
Valence arrived today! Easy install and it really really cleans up the front end. Took about 2hrs by myself and you can’t beat OEM. Doesn’t come with double sided tape so that’s something you’d need to buy that wasn’t included.

Dropped the spoiler off to get painted on Saturday so it should be installed next week. The springs are still backordered but I’m hoping to get the whole project finished by March.

Before.

#16 ·
It’s actually pretty stout and bolt on. You’ll have to drill holes but their instructions are easy to understand. It goes as far as the metal splash cover under the engine and covers the plastic pieces in front of it. The double sided tape is for the screw cover portion. I made a PDF copy of the instructions if you want to take a look at them.

#36 ·
Thank you. I detailed cars pretty much my entire life and did it professionally for Lexus. I tend to keep my cars clean and maintained, it does get muddy when I go shooting which is about 4-7 times a month. This car gets washed weekly and vacuumed almost daily because I can’t stand the sight of a dirty interior.

#42 ·
So they’re getting rebuilt and I’m going with OEM rotors and pads. The 350mm 18z set up is a bolt in swap from what I understand. The way I look at it is, T1s came with 350mm set ups as an option and Cayennes come with them as well. Some people have suggested that it’ll affect the ABS... volume + pressure do NOT affect ABS.

I’m not 100% sure if the rears will be changed but I will be cleaning them up and probably rebuilding them. The car came from PA and obviously was exposed to road salt so most of the suspension parts will be swapped out. The next upgrade that I haven’t touched on is Cayenne Turbo/GTS sway bars. The guy who lowered my Treg had a pair of Turbos in his shop. I didn’t have a set of calipers on me but they are larger than the VW set up.

#45 ·
Thank you! The size of the tires are the OEM 295/35/21 Michelin Latitudes and they ride well and are very quiet.

Looking good man! Cant wait to see the rear valance installed!

Just did the Cayenne turbo front and rear swaybar upgrade on my T2 FSI V8, results are tremendous!!! I think you'll be rather impressed!

Oh man that’s great and I’m excited to get a set.

#46 ·
So I’m out of the country until August aaaannnd it was brought to my attention that VW made OEM fender flares for the 2011-2014 T3. I was told by another 2016 Treg owner that they fit perfectly on our facelift models. The part number is:

7P0-071-680-A-041

That part number is for the primed one and there’s a part number for a black textured version for my off roading brothers and sisters as well. I’d like to get as many OEM options as I can before they become scarce and there’s a silver cover for the black trim piece that sits above the exhaust which looks pretty cool too. Below is a photo and hopefully he’s on here to chime in.

Side note, anyone here running any performance software on their Treg? Specifically the V6 TDi? I’ve been reading up on the Vivid Racing model and that might be something I’ll try but I’m always looking for insight from the forum.

#47 ·
There is several of us running stage 2 tunes with dpf deletes on here. What would you like to know. I was contacted by joe today to showcase my launch to Malone to get a launch control tune.

#51 ·
Ok so here are some updates for this thread.

I was able to pick up a set of OEM fender flares in our classifieds section which is great. Does anyone have the black textured flares on their T3? I'm on the fence whether to paint them white or leave them black so photos with them in black on a white T3 would be welcomed. Since I'm keeping the grill OEM and opting not to use the ABT grill covers, there's a chance that the ABT eyelids will make it on the car. The flares do add a tad of width(I'll measure when I get home in July) to the SUV which in turn will prompt me to get spacers or custom rims. I'm thinking something like 21x10.5 + 50 which will absolutely put the wheels flush with the body and not rub when turning.

Next are the brakes, the rebuild is almost done and I'm going to start looking for 350mm slotted rotors or plain rotors if I can't find a set I like. Might as well replace all the brakes and though I'm partial to OEM... the brake dust is insane! Last update will be more performance oriented. There are a couple gents who are trying to prototype a hybrid turbo and I'm very very interested but for now a Malone Stg 2 has been ordered, should be waiting for me when I get home.

Last question, does anyone here have the OEM mesh sunshades? How do you like them and do you think they were worth it?

#52 ·
This is one of my favorite threads. Thanks for keeping us updated on the progress. Can’t wait to see the flares installed.

Do you have photos of the ABT grill covers? I haven’t seen those. I’d love to pick up an actual ABT grill but I don’t think they are available any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#53 ·
Two months ago (mid of March) I got a message from ABT (www.abt-america.com) in which they advertised:

---
I have just checked our stock here in our Miami office and we do have an ABT front grille for your Touareg model (7P0) still available (please see attached picture) for the price of US$ 80.00 + shipping.
---

Attachments

#54 ·
Two months ago (mid of March) I got a message from ABT (www.abt-america.com) in which they advertised:

---
I have just checked our stock here in our Miami office and we do have an ABT front grille for your Touareg model (7P0) still available (please see attached picture) for the price of US$ 80.00 + shipping.
---
I wish they made that grill for the 2015+ facelift, that is for the 2011-14 models which I love.

This is one of my favorite threads. Thanks for keeping us updated on the progress. Can’t wait to see the flares installed.

Do you have photos of the ABT grill covers? I haven’t seen those. I’d love to pick up an actual ABT grill but I don’t think they are available any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have them all boxed up at home so I'll have to post pics when I get back. I really appreciate it, I haven't seen many build threads on here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.