Owning/Daily Driving a 2006 V10 TDI Touareg: A Year In Review - Page 2 - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes

post #11 of 13 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouaregNut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch_moho View Post
It was a one in a billion chance considering they are way out in Amish country lol. I was doing a job out in that area and I passed by their shop everyday for a month. I saw they had a ton of MK4 TDI jettas and golfs laying around outside so I stopped in one day just out of curiosity and was like, "Hey you guys ever messed with a one of these V10 Touaregs before?" He was like, "Yeah! I got two of them." So I was like well you have my business because these techs at the Dealership by my house told me this is the first one they've ever seen. Not exactly an inspiring statement from the place you're paying 130 bucks an for labor. But they are good people there they have taken care of me everytime I've taken it in. I asked them out of curiosity how much they would charge me labor for pulling the engine I think he said around 2000 bucks or so. Levi, the guy who owns the place, said he can have it out in 6-8 hours. So passively I'm stocking up on engine out parts so when something does go I have everything ready. I really need to get this oil leak and exhaust leak sorted out. Maybe this winter when I'm laid off I might just have them do everything that needs done to it. We'll see.
Exactly why I was amused you finding Levi all the way out there, you really have to see the shop and meet the guys to find out what they do.......[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/ClubTouareg_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG] Yes they are a bunch of really really nice guys, they even took me out for dinner and broke the news of being Amish, before I left their shop for the trip back to AL. They did not argue when I made requests to use Colt Stage 2 cams or use high end lifters, I wish they were close, I would be there for all my Treg troubles.
How do you like the Colt Cams? Do you run them on a stock tune or do you have a tune on it? Im sure they will in the long run be much more reliable than the factory ones I can tell in the picture they use a harder material for the lobes than the factory one. Tempted to install them if I ever need to drop the engine in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 1 Week Ago
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
The cams are nice, I am using them with stock tune no modifications. I particularly don't want any changes, the engine is complicated as is, with modifications it would be a whole new story. I also got the hydraulic lifters recommended by Colt Cams, they are suppose to be made of harder material than the original ones.

My baby: 1969 300SEL 6.3
post #13 of 13 Old 2 Days Ago

Touareg: 2009 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
The v10 was my dream car for a loong time. sadly, here in Romania there are not many who know how to repair an engine like that, so I bought a V6 tdi instead. yours is a nice car, best of luck with it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode