Join Date: Jul 2019
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|The Following User Says Thank You to noobytoogy For This Useful Post:||
iamcanadian783 (8 Hours Ago)
I have owned many vehicles in my time, including Audi, Acura, Honda, Toyota, Ford, Dodge, Chrysler, and Volkswagen. The Touareg TDI is my favorite for not only daily driving practicality, but for a premium driver experience without the showiness of a Cayenne or a BMW X5.
- If you can afford to, hold out for a loaded Touareg TDI Highline / R-Line / Execline, 2012 or newer (2nd Gen, 7P). Definitely get the 4Motion for the snow and ice security. If you're going to live with the vehicle for several years, then get all the trim fixings that will remind you every day that you've spoiled yourself. Execlines and Highlines in Canada should sell in the $34-$39k CAD range if they're 100,00 km mileage or more. R-Lines have the paddle shifter steering wheel that is $2000CAD to add later, BUT has the firmer suspension tuning.
- You MUST use good diesel fuel conditioner to keep the engine lubricated. *Every* tank you must do this! I believe you're in Canada (where our metro-area diesel is consistently good for lubricity), so your risk of the high pressure fuel pump grinding out metal fillings is reduced. But regardless, spend an extra 4 bucks per 100 litres of diesel, and you can keep you HPFP metal shavings risk to near-zero.
- Always refill the diesel tank at 1/4 remaining or sooner. This is to keep the high pressure fuel pump submerged and lubricated.
- Invest in a good CTEK 7002 or other 7+ Amps AGM-battery-friendly smart trickle charger. You need to keep a reliably-topped battery if you do city driving with lots of stop and start. Not to mention, we Canucks have to deal with -35C.
- Regularly find a reason to drive 100km for lunch or visit a friend each month. Highway miles will support your diesel regen and burn off the accumulated soot that is the residue of having such a torquey vehicle. You say that you are rural, so long drives may just be part of your weekly routine already!
Stay up-to-date with Touareg news in your inbox.
unsusbcribe at anytime with one click