Performance Section - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 7 Old 08-20-2011 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Performance Section

How about a performance section? Performance questions are not easily categorized in the other sections and finds its way in to mulitple sections making it hard for one to search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-25-2011
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2006 V8
With sub categories for the various engines types..??
post #3 of 7 Old 08-25-2011
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2007 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Both of these suggestions make sense to me.

'07 Treg V10, black on black, loaded
'06 Ariel Atom 2, Ecotec

'04 Audi S4 cabriolet, 6sp, 4.2 V8
'11 Tiguan (wife)
'05 & '06 Sprinter van and '08 Scion for business
3D printed stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-25-2011
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
This can be considered. Specifically what kinds of performance mods should be in such a forum? Mods by engine type are also possible, but keeping it organized tends to be a pain in the rear.

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
and our

post #5 of 7 Old 08-26-2011 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

I think we can start simple and grow it as necessary with what seems to be popular. I agree that a section by engine type would be helpful. One for the gassers as most parts and concepts will be similar and then one for the TDI's. Then later on if necessary we can just add some stickys with links to popular old threads. One for Tubo's/Intercoolers, Injectors, Chips, Exhaust.

Similar as they have done here on this forum

*** F A Q *** FREQUENTLY ** ASKED ** QUESTIONS *** F A Q *** (updated 28 JUL 09 )
post #6 of 7 Old 08-27-2011

Touareg: Still looking
IMHO, there are hardly any Touaregs out there that have had any kind of significant engine mods done to them, regardless of engine type. I can think of only one regular member on here that has performed an ABT supercharger install on his AXQ V8, and that pretty much covers it. For everyone else, it is just chip tuning, with the occassional ditching of the OEM suitcase muffler to something else. I can count on one hand stretching it to two of who has done the latter.

Not saying a performance section is not a good idea. In fact, it may help to inspire some movement .

The "Touareg Mods" section was added later on if I recall correctly? Perhaps the moderators can spend some time, go back in time, and move any older threads that contain mod related content from the general maintenance section, into the Touareg Mods section. I have seen quite a few threads that should be in the Touareg Mod section, but are instead floating elsewhere.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 7 Old 08-27-2011 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

I agree. It might help get people moving in the right direction. As the price of these comes down and the tinkerers can start to afford them and they aren't worried about the factory warranty some amazing things might happen (W12 posted the other day!!!).

I just need to get mine running right and then I'll go on from there. I might be a little more content when I feel like I have more than my old 1.9L but until then I will continue to work on designing a performance upgrade. I pretty much have a Water/Meth design nailed down. I just need to find a good location to grab EGR. Why can't anyone make a nice OBD II plug in and digitial screen like the companies here in the US for the big trucks. They have products on the market before the truck is even sold. Ohh well. Hoepfully a performance section can get us moving in the right direction.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode