Club Touareg Forum banner

loading time

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  naisha 
#1 ·
Dear admin, I find that it takes quite a while for the site to download on initial download. Why is this? Cheers, Werner

#3 ·
Hey Janet, it is one of the ads that causes the site to load really slow at times. I believe it is a Chrysler ad of some sort and you know which one it is when you see a yellow box start to do a slow fade. That is when I have problems with it anyhow.

#5 ·
Hi Janet, yep, the home page still takes quite a while to open "functionally". It's not a problem, just a slight irritation! Even if it took twice as long, it would not keep me off such a superb site! Cheers, Werner

#6 ·
Not to sound like a suck up, because I'm far from it..., but the Clubtouareg forum is one of the very few that I can actually load up without my patience being tested, relying solely on a frustratingly CRAPPY GPRS signal!
As I type this, I'm at a vacation home up in the mountains in Peloponeso Greece, where cell phone signal is hard to come by to begin with. I'm using an internet stick via the USB port on my laptop to go online. When near metropolitran areas, the signal is a 3G+, whereas here where I'm at now, it is but a very slow GPRS, meaning very close to dial up speeds. I can kiss youtube and any kind of video watching goodbye(until I return), and any attempt to download HD images, means going to make a coffee first, and hopefully by the time I return to the table, the image will have loaded.

Clubtouareg is loading up quite fine surprisingly, and seems to feel quite "light" as far as I'm concerned from this end :). For reference, I have almost given up checking my email at me.com(Apples email site), because THAT IS super sloooooowww, and feels quite heavy. Ditto for some other forums too.

NOTE: Just worth noting, that we don't get the "Chrysler Ad" here for the obvious reason, so perhaps in the NA market, there is an issue with it?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.