Forum - posting to proper board section? - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 21 Old 07-18-2011 Thread Starter

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Forum - posting to proper board section?

Would somebody please send me a link to the forum where I can post questions about the various Touareg model offerings. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-18-2011
The Moderator!

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
The Forum is not set up for specific models. What questions do you need answered?

2010 Alaska Grey/Anthracite V6 TDI- Lux,Tech, Air and Hitch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 Old 07-18-2011 Thread Starter

Question

Yeti,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm very interested in the new Touareg (2011+), and have been pondering which model would be most appropriate for the type of driving I plan on doing.

Having never owned a diesel, I am intrigued, because I hear they can't be beat in terms of longevity. Their torque output also seems to be rather beefy (which may be more usable around town?). Still, I notice that the VR6 and Hybrid versions both produce more horsepower.

I do not plan to do much in the way of towing, but I would like the a reliable, fuel efficient model... with the best around-town/freeway driving experience. No big plans to go offroading, but would like the ability to drive with ease in all weather conditions (trips to the snow, etc.).

I recently read an article, saying that the Touareg R V8 TDI may be coming to the United States soon. I can't help but wonder how sweet that package might be all around, but wonder if they will be offering it at an even higher price point than the current V6 TDI, or if it will simply act as a replacement to the current. Price is a factor in terms of waiting for that model, or going for one of the current offerings.

Any info, thoughts/suggestions, insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Sincerely,
Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 07-18-2011
Touareg Guru

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Buy the diesel. Don't waste time or money on the hydrid.
post #5 of 21 Old 07-18-2011

Second Vehicle: too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobytoogy View Post
Buy the diesel. Don't waste time or money on the hydrid.
I can somewhat agree with this statement in that spur of the moment thing, based on some internet talk feedback , but have you driven the Hybrid? I haven't, and I think the best recommendation to the OP would be to test drive both, and see which one does it for him. I find that people don't put enough emphasis on back to back test drives anymore. Forget what people say, just test drive the damn thing first, THEN read up on what others have to say, so as to not be biased.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 21 Old 07-18-2011

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
I agree with noobytoogy. I have read some reviews in European websites and all it states is that the Hybrid will be more expensive than the diesel and the diesel will still get better gas mileage. I just checked the VW website and the V6 TDI starts at 47,950 and the Hybrid at 60,565 it also states that the TDI will do 28 MPG on highway while the hybrid will only do 23 MPG I don't know about you, but I still don't trust hybrids 100%, I just look at it as an unnecessary feature in cars, being that it's more costly to repair in the event that it fails. If VW didn't offer a diesel version, I would probably go for the hybrid, but seeing that they do, it really is a no brainier to me... I would go diesel all the way

P.S.If VW is looking to get good mileage with the Hybrid, why not do a diesel Hybrid?
post #7 of 21 Old 07-18-2011 Thread Starter

Actually, it appears that the USA does have a hybrid, and it is slightly more expensive. Still, see my comments per hp and tq differences (in addition to upcoming TDI V8 release... if anyone knows any info).

Volkswagen of America

I guess I'd just hate to buy the V6 TDI, and find out the V8 was its replacement with the same price point shortly after.

By the way, what's this I am hearing about the new VW TDIs having problems stemming from the fuel pump. Does this apply to the new Touareg TDIs?

Current US specs..

VR6
280 hp
265 tq
0-60 7.4
mpg: 16/23

V6 TDI
225 hp
406 tq
0-60 7.9
mpg: 19/28

V6 Hybrid
380 hp
425 tq
0-60 6.2
mpg: 20/24

R - V8 TDI (Coming 2012?)

I will test drive for a butt-dyno, but could really use your help with logistics/selection in terms of which would be the best model to buy and when. I'd like to find an option allowing me to put some money down, and then make payments (ultimately ~$50k?). Thank you so much in advance for your advince ("this is what I would do ___, and here's why ___")...
post #8 of 21 Old 07-18-2011

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo4motion View Post
I just checked the VW website and the V6 TDI starts at 47,950 and the Hybrid at 60,565 it also states that the TDI will do 28 MPG on highway while the hybrid will only do 23 MPG

I know if offers a Hybrid it's just more expensive and it get's worst gas milage
post #9 of 21 Old 07-18-2011
Administrator

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Stop asking people on the internet and stop reading the spec sheet...horsepower is just a number, I've driven things with 300hp that felt slow as hell and things with 100hp that felt incredibly powerful.

Get out there, drive all 3...you'll know exactly which one you want by the time you're done driving them.

-------------------------------------------------
2013 Touareg TDI Black Pearl / Titan Black
--PREVIOUS TOUAREGS:
'09 TDI, '07 V8 FSI, '04 V10 TDI, '04 VR6
post #10 of 21 Old 07-18-2011
The Moderator!

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonf49 View Post
Actually, it appears that the USA does have a hybrid, and it is slightly more expensive. Still, see my comments per hp and tq differences (in addition to upcoming TDI V8 release... if anyone knows any info).

Volkswagen of America

I guess I'd just hate to buy the V6 TDI, and find out the V8 was its replacement with the same price point shortly after.

By the way, what's this I am hearing about the new VW TDIs having problems stemming from the fuel pump. Does this apply to the new Touareg TDIs?
Don't wait on the V8TDI since we have a couple of Mods with inside info from VWoA and there are no plans to bring that motor to the states. Too costly to get certified compared to what they would have to sell it at to get their certification money back out of it.

Don't get hung up on HP ratings when it comes to diesel. Diesel is not about hp, but more about torque. My 10 TDI puts out 225hp and my 04 gasser V6 was rated at 220 and had a bigger displacement. The TDI with only being 5 hp more will leave that vehical in it's dust because of the 406 ft lb of Torque. As said above, drive them both and see what works for you. There was one member that did make a good reasoning for a hybrid, but it really made sense for his use, most others, not so much.

2010 Alaska Grey/Anthracite V6 TDI- Lux,Tech, Air and Hitch

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode