Club Touareg is Getting Better! - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 5 Old 03-27-2007 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Send a message via AIM to Mike
Club Touareg is Getting Better!

Hello CT!

When I started Club Touareg back in 2004, I had no idea how strong of a following the site would develop. Over the years, the site has grown, and become an extremely popular, tight-nit, warm Touareg community.

In an effort to allow Club Touareg to continue to grow, mature, and grow even larger, I've made the decision to sell the forum to Social Knowledge - a company well known for the growth and management of large forums. Andy from Social Knowledge is a great guy and I am confident that his company, his team, and Andy himself will be able to take great care of Club Touareg.

This is a great step forward for Club Touareg and the Touareg community in general. Social Knowledge has a great track record for increasing community participation, growth, and loyalty.

Thank you for being a part of the Club Touareg family, and please welcome Andy with all the same warmth as you've shown me over the years.

Cordially,

Mike
ClubTouareg.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-27-2007
Supporting Member

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Hey there everyone...

I have been a lurker on Club Touareg for a long time. I don't have a Touareg yet because I live from the road working from my laptop. I am currently on an island in Southern Brasil and will be going to Argentina next. I am not sure when I will be going back home to the States for good but when I do a Touareg is my #1 choice.

I know we have a few cross over members with www.AirstreamForums.com. I started Airstream Forums back in 2002 and that is how I got into the forums business. I started the because I bought a 1961 Airstream Bambi and wanted to create a site that used the best tools possible to help other Airstreamers share their knowledge. It has been a wonderful time working with that site and seeing it grow. Over the years I somehow start to adopt other forum communities and realized my hobby had changed to forums as I spent all my time on forums for forum owners. I decided to try and make a business out of it in 2005 when I left my day job to focus on running online forum communities.

My company is called Social Knowledge and the website is www.SocialKnowledge.net. The company is just me and a friend Ben who is also traveling with me. Ben is in charge of all the technical aspects (ie making sure the sites are running, being backed up, developing new features, etc). I work mostly with the mods and admins and get to spend more time in the forums listing to members about ideas they have to make things better, etc.

I am really proud that Mike had the faith in me (Social Knowledge) to continue his legacy and keep moving Club Touareg forward. I look forward to getting to know you all in the forums!

If you have any questions please post them here...

Kind regards,

Andy R
post #3 of 5 Old 03-27-2007
Administrator

Andy,
Can you get Club Touareg's software working properly again? Things I notice not working are:
1) All attachments are now gone; photos, TSBs, etc. I hope you can get the old attachments reloaded as there was a lot of work there.
2) New posts link not working; http://forums.clubtouareg.com/search...ch_id=newposts. Seems to do with the search function so I guess the entire search isn't working.
3) Quick reply box at bottom of thread is gone.

Touareg Audio Accessories - Keyless Start - Paddle Shift ==>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-27-2007
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spockcat
Can you get Club Touareg's software working properly again?
The short answer is yes but we will upgrade the software to a commercial product called vBulletin which has many more features and will be a solid foundation for us to build on in the future.

Quote:
1) All attachments are now gone; photos, TSBs, etc. I hope you can get the old attachments reloaded as there was a lot of work there.
Can you tell me more about these? Were they old attachments that were connected to the posts? How did you attach them? When did they stop working? The more info you can provide the better...

Quote:
2) New posts link not working; http://forums.clubtouareg.com/search...ch_id=newposts. Seems to do with the search function so I guess the entire search isn't working.
We will get this working after the conversion to vBulletin.

Quote:
Once again this will be a feature of the new software.

I am going to go out and guess that the software had a bunch of "hacks" or modifications and a security update was released and then was upgraded and the hacks/upgrades were not added back. If that's the case, hopefully we will have everything we need in the DB to bring things back...
post #5 of 5 Old 03-27-2007 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Send a message via AIM to Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R
Quote:
Can you get Club Touareg's software working properly again?
The short answer is yes but we will upgrade the software to a commercial product called vBulletin which has many more features and will be a solid foundation for us to build on in the future.

Quote:
Can you tell me more about these? Were they old attachments that were connected to the posts? How did you attach them? When did they stop working? The more info you can provide the better...
Looking into this.
Quote:
Quote:
We will get this working after the conversion to vBulletin.
Fixed
Quote:
Quote:
Once again this will be a feature of the new software.

I am going to go out and guess that the software had a bunch of "hacks" or modifications and a security update was released and then was upgraded and the hacks/upgrades were not added back. If that's the case, hopefully we will have everything we need in the DB to bring things back...
That's on the money. The version of PHPbb was heavily modified. The new platform that Social Knowledge uses is really going to make CT so much better, stable, reliable, and all that, will make CT a tighter-knit community.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode