Banners to your Toureg Site! - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 14 Old 08-12-2007 Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Banners to your Toureg Site!

I would like to promote other Touareg sites of our members by offering free ads in the header (top left). The size needs to be exactly 468x60 pixels and it should not be a very large file. The file type should be Flash, jpeg, jpg or gif. Animated ads are ok but please remember the file sizes should be small (under 65kb).

Once you are ready, please send me a PM and I will get your ad into rotation.

Also, if you have a site that is vaguely related and are an active poster here, please send me a message to see if I can extend this offer to you all. The goal is to help our members promote their sites. With time I will find a few other placements for the same rotation (bottom of page) and will display your ads there also.

Regards,

Andy R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-12-2007

Are you the same Andy that runs the cummins forum?

2005 Touareg V6 Stocker
post #3 of 14 Old 08-12-2007 Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Nope, I am the Andy that runs some other forums. My company is called Social Knowledge and I started my first forum in 2002, it is Airstream Forums. I got off to a real slow start after acquiring Club Touareg (I apologize) but with time I will keep refining things here with you feedback and we should be dialed in...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 08-12-2007

Thank god.. I am a member at alot of Diesel forums and he has that thing all messed up trying to make a buck. My only request is do not put links to vendors in the middle of a thread by using key words.. Such as. There may be a thread about brakes. say somebody askes about pads. He has pads dbl underscored and if you touch it with the mouse it opens to some vendors site. Its really annoying..

2005 Touareg V6 Stocker
post #5 of 14 Old 08-12-2007 Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Oh, those are called in text advertising. I do plan to show them to guests but not members. That way you all will not have to deal with seeing them.

If you want to post a link to a page with some examples, I can see which provider he is using and show you how to opt out from seeing them. You can usually click in a special part of the ads and then set the cookies so they will never show up for you again.
post #6 of 14 Old 08-13-2007
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
Andy, I'll be making a banner for TouaregRally.com as soon as I can find the time! Great idea!

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and our

post #7 of 14 Old 10-02-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Oh, those are called in text advertising. I do plan to show them to guests but not members. That way you all will not have to deal with seeing them.

If you want to post a link to a page with some examples, I can see which provider he is using and show you how to opt out from seeing them. You can usually click in a special part of the ads and then set the cookies so they will never show up for you again.

Well here they are!!

2005 Touareg V6 Stocker
post #8 of 14 Old 10-03-2007
Touareg Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Well ... I'm a member and I'm seeing them!

And I don't like them!

Sorry, Andy - this is the wrong way to go.
post #9 of 14 Old 10-03-2007 Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Sorry about that. Please check again and let me know. It was a setup issue. They should only be shown to guests.
post #10 of 14 Old 10-03-2007
Touareg Addict

I was seeing them before, but am not anymore. I found them rather annoying as well, but now that I don't see them, they're much better!

Thanks for fixing them Andy, and for all you do to keep the site around!

Matt

Gone, but never forgotten: 2005 V6, Shadow Blue/Kristal Grey, Package 1 (Xenons/Sound 1)

Bye bye Blue...

|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode