Rear View mirror! - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 12 Old 10-29-2006 Thread Starter

Rear View mirror!

I'm absolutely & hopelessly in love with my 2006 V6 Black touareg. Everything abt the car fascinates me. Except the rear view mirror. It has a huge blind spot, I've been extremly lucky on quite a few occasions not to have side ended other vehicles, especially while shifting lanes. Any suggestions pls??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-29-2008

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
totaly agree

thats very true pal! me too have faced the similar probs hope some one could help
post #3 of 12 Old 04-29-2008
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Other
Aspherical side mirrors... THEY ARE AWESOME. Talk to Spockcat.

2006 V6, Campy White, VIN 46xxx, Anthracite w/ Sound 1 and Xenon Headlight Upgrades, Monster Mats, 3M Window Tint, Euro Headlight Switch, Gorilla Gear Cargo Mat, Clear Bra, VW Tow Pkg, VW V8 Style Exhaust Tips, 18' Manhattans & Silver Racks
2013 Audi allroad: Ibis White with Layered Oak Inlays
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 08-12-2008

Quick Question: My wife was adjusting the rear view mirror manually and apparently it is dangling by the wires off the windshield. :<.
Anyone know how to put it back up?
post #5 of 12 Old 08-12-2008
Touareg Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREGinginCO View Post
Aspherical side mirrors... THEY ARE AWESOME. Talk to Spockcat.
I second that, why they are not standard issue on ALL vehicles is beyond me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 Old 08-15-2008
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: Can't afford one
Garage
Local autoparts stores sell a special glue for rearview mirrors.

08 TouaregV6 Uniblack,Lux pckg,Nokian WRG2 SUV,255/65/17.,09 CC 4Motion,Black on Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 12 Old 08-15-2008

Thanks!

Thanks JKUCSMA!

I thought I needed a special part from Volkswagon because of the rain sensors..... but nope....
Actually I had to take the whole rear view mirror apart and then glue the little black piece to the windshield (hold for 3 minutes) and then put the remaining rear view mirror back together.
There is a special piece that attaches to the windshield that is for the Rain Sensor (Rubber)... If this is not contacting the windshield your wipers will not work with the Rain sensor.....
Volkswagon does not do this.. so I had to be creative and play around with this for a bit to make sure that the rain sensors work.... (opened the sunroof, stuck my head out and poured a bottle of water above the rain sensor on the windshield! :>)
post #8 of 12 Old 08-16-2008

When you sell that one and buy a new Touareg they now have side scan sensors just like the front and back radar sensors.........
post #9 of 12 Old 08-19-2008 Thread Starter

Tyre Wear

I have a lot of uneven tyre wear, the first set of tyres lasted me 35,000 kms. Is that normal?? The dealer says it is!?!?
post #10 of 12 Old 08-19-2008
Touareg Addict

35,000 kilometers=just short of 22,000 miles. Depending on which tires you have, and what size, this may be very normal. I've heard of people with 19" Pirellis and Continentals replacing them at 15,000 miles (or less in some cases).

If you have uneven tire wear the most likely culprit is that your Touareg is out of alignment. I'd get an alignment done and make sure it's within spec before you burn up another set of tires.

Good luck,
Matt

Gone, but never forgotten: 2005 V6, Shadow Blue/Kristal Grey, Package 1 (Xenons/Sound 1)

Bye bye Blue...

|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode