New Touareg - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 3 Old 06-04-2008 Thread Starter

New Touareg

Hi Guys, Please gimme advice, as I am planning to buy a new Touareg 3.6L V6. in Dubai..? Also comment on best options I can have in Touareg !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-13-2008

I know its not a wise thing to say on this forum, but I'd give some serious thought to buying a new Touareg right now. Not sure what the market is like in Dubai, but they can't get rid of Touaregs, new or used, here in the US. Gas prices are the most likely culprit, but I've found that owning mine (08 v6) has been a bit of a disappointment. Bad gas mileage, v6 power for towing big loads is not really adequate, cargo capacity inside the vehicle is not well thought out (could fit more in my 4 door hatchback), factory sound system and electronices are really behind the times and not amenable to aftermarket enhancements (can't add an ipod doc, no blue tooth, etc.). And I don't even know where to start on the dealers. Lied, misled and just didn't know anything about their product. Don't make the mistake of believing anything they tell you unless you confirm it here or elsewhere.

Of course, it all depends on what you want to do with it and how deep your pockets are. Sadly, after realizing my mistake, I can't unload mine without taking a loss of 10k, only a couple of months after rolling off the lot. Nobody to blame but myself. Got caught up in the concept. But I see from what I read here, after the fact, that my disappointments aren't unique.

Best of luck.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-19-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamnish View Post
Hi Guys, Please gimme advice, as I am planning to buy a new Touareg 3.6L V6. in Dubai..? Also comment on best options I can have in Touareg !!
Hey are you still looking to buy a new Touareg in Dubai? I'm leaving town soon and am seeling my fully loaded black on brown 2008 (7,000 km). Please let me know if you're interested!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode