Greetings from Singapore!! - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 29 Old 06-20-2004 Thread Starter

Greetings from Singapore!!

Hi hi all Touareg lovers!!

I am the owner of a V6 here in Singapore. Its great to discover a forum dedicated to touareg lovers around the world!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 06-20-2004
Administrator

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Welcome to the club. Please tell us what options you have on your car.

Touareg Audio Accessories - Keyless Start - Paddle Shift ==>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 Old 06-20-2004

Send a message via MSN to ToRR
Welcome to the Touareg...club!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 06-21-2004 Thread Starter

HiHi again

Hi hi spockat, Torr,

I guess my ride is basically the same as what the rest of Asia is getting, eg. rear differential, paddle shift, keyless system, parking assist..etc. See below for a more comprehensive description for the Singapore model. But I have a couple of questions though for those having the same model :

1) Does anyone have problem with the keyless entry ? The problem is intermittent but most of the time I can't get it to work. When it is not responding, I have to manually unlock/lock using the remote buttons on the key. The dealer couldn't figure out the problem and even the VW Germany is not helping much. Recently they took my car back to replace some electronic stuff (ECU ??) hoping it will solve the problem. When I received the car, the problem appeared on the same day.

2) Dead battery. Happened to me twice within a week. Dealer too couldn't solve the problem but able to figure out how to prevent it. They are saying there will be current leak if I don't lock the car after turning off the engine but they are not sure which device is actually drawing away the current. So in the meantime I (probably all other Touareg owners in Singapore) will have to ensure the car is locked and alarm activated everytime I leave the car.

I'll consider this car perfect if not for the glitches I encountered. The sad part is since last October, they have yet to find any solution. Recently they even upgraded my wheels/tires, from the standard 17" to a 19" FOC (worth a few grands), just to make up for the frustrations I am getting over these issues. From some info I have gathered, the keyless entry system cost more than US$10K. If they still can't solve this problem, I will have to ask them to strip away this system and rely on the remote buttons on the key instead. Then they either refund me or find some ways to make up for this amount. So any good suggestions from you guys on what kind of interesting mods to ask from the dealer given this amount ?

Any way I still love the car very much as I find the ride especially comfortable and responsive compare to all my previous rides. Currently looking at what I can add on to my beauty from Tregcentral.com, but just wondering whether they do export to this part of the world.

Touareg SUV 3.2L (A)
Comfort-model Leather Seats, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic Air-conditioning System, Multi-function Display Panel, Keyless Access System (Keyless entry & Keyless start), Rain Sensor, Fog Lights, Xenon Headlamps, 'Big Foot' 17" Alloy Wheels, Cruise Control System, Tiptronic Gearing (with Paddle shift), ABS, Electronic Brake Pressure Distribution, Electronic Stabilisation Programme, Hydraulic Braking Assistant and Parking assist.
post #5 of 29 Old 06-21-2004
Administrator

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
We have had both issues in the USA. There is a modification that VW of America (VWOA) is doing to extend the antenna for the remote. It seems to even help the keyless entry portion of the system. Your dealer might want to get in touch with VWOA and see how it is done. It is in a technical service bulletin (TSB) with the name: V570404 TB VW FOLDING KEY RADIO REMOTE CONTROL.

We have also had the dead battery issue in the USA. There are several things that seem to be possibly causing this but I don't think VWOA is 100% sure which is the correct one so far. The radio or amplifier or overhead compass are a few of the items that VW changes. Telling owners to always lock their cars is not a solution to the problem. It is only a bandage for a temporary solution while the actual solution is found. I NEVER lock my car while it is parked in my garage and have never had a dead battery.

Touareg Audio Accessories - Keyless Start - Paddle Shift ==>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 29 Old 06-22-2004 Thread Starter

Hello Spockat,

thanks for the advice. Probably I'll get the dealer to go through this forum to understand more about the car.

I feel that VW needs to address several sub-issues which only surface after a major problem. Take the dead battery for example, once it is dead, there is nothing much I can do with the car. I can only open the driver's door using the key manually but the rest of the doors, including the rear hatch will remain locked as they are all controlled by electronics devices. There is no way to get them to open manually. It is really frustrating during such a breakdown and I can't find a way to retrieve my stuff from the boot. Currently, I do not dare to keep important items in the boot coz I am so afraid of another dead battery problem.

Is there a way of opening the doors manually. I can't find any description of it in the manual. Maybe someone here can help perhaps ?

post #7 of 29 Old 06-29-2004

Hello from Singapore too...

Hi Tristan, tried to send this via pm, but don't know how to make it work...

I am from Singapore too...and am currently thinking of getting the Touareg. May I ask the following questions from you:

1. how is Car and Cars in terms of service...especially after sales...I can see they are attending to your complaints, but are they attentive? Are they nice? Do you have trouble talking about problems with them? Are they receptive?

2. servicing costs...how much do they charge for service?

3. other than the two problems you outlined, any other issues with your Touareg?

4. I am currently driving a Lexus GS300, and never owned a VW b4. what did you drive before getting the T-reg? When did you buy yours?

Thanks.
post #8 of 29 Old 07-03-2004 Thread Starter

Re: Hello from Singapore too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchonglog1
Hi Tristan, tried to send this via pm, but don't know how to make it work...

I am from Singapore too...and am currently thinking of getting the Touareg. May I ask the following questions from you:

1. how is Car and Cars in terms of service...especially after sales...I can see they are attending to your complaints, but are they attentive? Are they nice? Do you have trouble talking about problems with them? Are they receptive?

2. servicing costs...how much do they charge for service?

3. other than the two problems you outlined, any other issues with your Touareg?

4. I am currently driving a Lexus GS300, and never owned a VW b4. what did you drive before getting the T-reg? When did you buy yours?

Thanks.
Hihi pchonglog1,

ok let me answer direct to each of your question :

1) This is one of the most luxurious and expensive cars they are selling and rest be assured they will be attentive to your needs. The only problem is they do not have the expertise yet to really solve some of the car issue like the ones I have mentioned. But in anyway, I can see they are trying their best.

2) Car is under warranty and I got another 3 years extension just for the problems I am facing. So I do not need to pay a single cent for any servicing now.

3) Beginning there was the air conditioning problem for the front windscreen which was a common problem for all the touaregs here then. It was later fixed. Another problem was the air condition vent at my right rear passenger door not working. It was fixed too. Hmmm, another one which was the LCD display for the rear passenger aircon which was fixed too. So far no problem except for the 2 major ones.

4) My previous ride was a merc CL420 coupe. My Touareg belongs to the very first batch here, somewhere in last October.
post #9 of 29 Old 07-04-2004

Thanks

Thanks Tristan...appreciate it...I am off to Texas this week, and will probably put in a deposit for a new T-reg next week when I come back.

Cheers.
post #10 of 29 Old 07-19-2004

I joined the club...:-)

Happy to report that I place a deposit with Car and Cars for a Black Magic/Antracite V6 (standard Singapore configuration) during the weekend...my car should be ready for delivery before National Day (Aug 9).

Thanks for the advice, and many enjoyable hours of reading this forum and vortex...hope my car will be reliable as my previous one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode