Good Air Filter Increases Engine Power? - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 11 Old 09-20-2010 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2006 V6
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Good Air Filter Increases Engine Power?

Well, i comunicate with my brother about the easy and cheap way to increase the engine power. Saying it is very famous among car tuner at the state

Good air filter allows better air intake, complete fuel burning. Hence, better power? H&K guarantee 10% power increment? Anyone tried?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-20-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: Still looking
10% is high, i would say 1-3%. Given the weight of these boats, i would imagine that little to no effect would be felt.
post #3 of 11 Old 09-20-2010

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Hog wash on the power gains.

Few things to gain from air filters but nothing to get too exited about. One is the ability to be able to rewash some of them which is great for offroaders. Secondly, although rare on todays modern cars, you might be able to get away with a colder air intake than stock, but our Touareg's intake does rectify that anyways. Then there is sound, as some stock systems to use baffles in the plumbing, to quiet down the intake sound(NVH). Both the Vr6's and V8's sound great when you WOT it with baffle less intakes.

There was an aftermarket intake that I used to use on my BMW, and I really did love it! It improved sound which was what I seeked, and also sucked in cold air, just like the stock system. This guy has been making these for a while and I love them, here is the link. Welcome to PRM Racing - Jet Stream Intake System
Unfortunately no Touareg application, although he does make universal kits, which probably still wouldn't fit anyways(I THINK ), although I am tempted to call.

Being someone myself who likes to tinker around and experiment, as far as our T-Reg is concerned, and ONLY FOR THE SAKE OF SOUND, the idea of adding 2 of those PRM intake capsules on my V8, does sound enticing to the 18 year old in me .

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 09-20-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V8
Second Vehicle: is jealous
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINEer View Post
10% is high, i would say 1-3%. Given the weight of these boats, i would imagine that little to no effect would be felt.
+1

2008 Touareg V8 Alaska Gray Metallic & Anthracite
Technologie Package | Lux Plus Package | 4-Corner Air Suspension

2010 Passat 2.0T Candy White & Black
DSG Transmission | Lip Spoiler | Bluetooth Media Device Interface

post #5 of 11 Old 09-20-2010 Thread Starter

Sound like it's over rated by claiming 10% power boosting... Ribena is rich of vitamin C

I had 2 units Landcruiser L101, one with original air filter, another fitted with washable air filter + complete set stainless exhaust pipe, i felt lot of different .. may be the ex-Japanese owner had done something else to it.

One thing good, no air-filter change for 5 years!

PRM capsules sound more like whistle ya! Make the car sound "Muscular". I like the current engine's sound when speeding with the sound system off. Reminds me of the Alfa Romeo i had long time ago! As Dude said : "Sound enticing to the 18 year old in me", love that!

1-3% + 1% is just too little
post #6 of 11 Old 09-20-2010
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
I have a third party in my Porsche, and I am with Dude, they make great sound, but no power to speak of. Stay with the stock system and you will be fine. If you want more power, buy a V10TDi

2014 TDI Execline R Line Black
2011 GTI Tornado Red 4Dr DSG
post #7 of 11 Old 09-20-2010
Touareg Mechanic

Snake oil
post #8 of 11 Old 09-21-2010
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2004 R5 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Be careful with reusable/washable filters. Some people have had issues with the filter oil fouling the Air Mass Meter, requiring rather expensive replacement of the meter. Be very careful not to "over oil" the filter.

Stay with stock... m2cw.

Relocated to Aus. Starting fresh.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 Old 09-21-2010 Thread Starter

V10 TDI, price high as sky!

OK, stay with stock. Good advice!

Bunch of thanks guys!
post #10 of 11 Old 09-21-2010
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2007 V6
Second Vehicle: is jealous
I have used K&N filters in all of my cars and have never had any problems. There may not be much of an increase if any, but I just like the "green" aspects of a washable and reusable air filter.

2007 V6 Touareg
2016 GTI

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode