yeh, funny how the reg comes from europe but no one there is bothered with the forum, makes it very hard for me to develop networks with other reg owners, or, with that attitude, do i want to?
I can give you a few reasons...
1. We're speaking quite a lot of different languages on this continent... and surely, not everyone is understanding English very well, not to mention writing...
2. There are quite a few Volkswagen forums in the Netherlands, Germany,.. in the native language.
3. The VAG SUV's Touareg/Tiguan/Q5/Q7 are quite standard vehicles in countries like Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and France. You're surely not the only one or very exceptional driving a Touareg over here. It's less of a 'cult', I suppose. And most of all, Volkswagen/Audi as such is one of the most sold brands.
4. A lot of what we see in US (and Australia) is deviating from what we see and find over here. Almost everyone drives f.i. diesels and big ci displacement / V8's / V10's are something almost unaffordable by most tax systems (and the prices of petrol at the station). Quite a lot of Touregs are delivered with 'nothing more' than the 2.5 TDI in Europe.
5. We cannot do a lot with info on US and AUS shop references. Even more, the shops of spare parts and car equipment are very particular, even on a country scale.
6. A lot of people do not use an SUV in Europe for real off-road purposes. It's more for overall safety, bad weather and snow conditions, and (most of all...?) for the looks. Driving in plain nature with such a car is prohibited in a lot of places.
This doesn't make this excellent forum uninteresting for us... it surely is, and I personaly like very much to look at it every day, but I understand the difficulties.