What's wrong in Europe? - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 12 Old 06-16-2009 Thread Starter

What's wrong in Europe?

Hey guys,
What's wrong in Europe, seems like nobody enjoys the forum...last entry 4 weeks ago...

Cheers
Ole
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-17-2009

Being summer time in the northern hemisphere, I suggest that they are all too busy 'out & about' enjoying themselves, the weather and their 'wheels'.
post #3 of 12 Old 06-17-2009 Thread Starter

...that must be the case...I forgot, already adopted completely to the Australian seasons...
I wish you all lots of fun and a great summer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-20-2009

Touareg: 2005 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Oh I am enjoying it. Searching and searching to get my new Touareg loaded with handsfree. Well, havent found much, but havent read the whole forum yet.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-20-2009

I'm new from Belgium. As a Touareg owner, and VW-fan overall, I'm very pleased with this forum. Good stuff!
post #6 of 12 Old 06-20-2009
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
On one answers on the European section so I stay on the main section but a big hello from Kilkenny, (Ireland)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Black 05 tdi with extra bits!!!!!!!
post #7 of 12 Old 07-02-2009

Send a message via Skype™ to Jono Jack
europe dilemma

yeh, funny how the reg comes from europe but no one there is bothered with the forum, makes it very hard for me to develop networks with other reg owners, or, with that attitude, do i want to?
post #8 of 12 Old 07-02-2009

hello everybody! new member from Finland. maybe i`m the first from there.
not a reg owner...yet
post #9 of 12 Old 07-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono Jack View Post
yeh, funny how the reg comes from europe but no one there is bothered with the forum, makes it very hard for me to develop networks with other reg owners, or, with that attitude, do i want to?
I can give you a few reasons...

1. We're speaking quite a lot of different languages on this continent... and surely, not everyone is understanding English very well, not to mention writing...

2. There are quite a few Volkswagen forums in the Netherlands, Germany,.. in the native language.

3. The VAG SUV's Touareg/Tiguan/Q5/Q7 are quite standard vehicles in countries like Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and France. You're surely not the only one or very exceptional driving a Touareg over here. It's less of a 'cult', I suppose. And most of all, Volkswagen/Audi as such is one of the most sold brands.

4. A lot of what we see in US (and Australia) is deviating from what we see and find over here. Almost everyone drives f.i. diesels and big ci displacement / V8's / V10's are something almost unaffordable by most tax systems (and the prices of petrol at the station). Quite a lot of Touregs are delivered with 'nothing more' than the 2.5 TDI in Europe.

5. We cannot do a lot with info on US and AUS shop references. Even more, the shops of spare parts and car equipment are very particular, even on a country scale.

6. A lot of people do not use an SUV in Europe for real off-road purposes. It's more for overall safety, bad weather and snow conditions, and (most of all...?) for the looks. Driving in plain nature with such a car is prohibited in a lot of places.

This doesn't make this excellent forum uninteresting for us... it surely is, and I personaly like very much to look at it every day, but I understand the difficulties.
post #10 of 12 Old 07-02-2009

Chatnoir,

'Well said' black cat!!

I was just about to reply in very much the same way!!

Here in the UK we have also got some very active VW forums but this site is still a very useful resource indeed and, like you, I also visit every day to improve my knowledge.

Cheers,
John.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode