Club Touareg Forum banner

v6 tdi no pump nois on door opening

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nigelm 
#1 ·
hi every one just finished fitting a 2nd hand engine in to the treg but have had a few problems since,the engine cranks over and over but wont start replaced the crank shaft sensor then the camshaft sensor but still noy joy replaced the hp pump still no joy have tested both tank pumps they both work the n/s pump works when cranking but the o/s pump does not work have read somewhere it should buzz for 30 secs when opening the drivers door to build up pressure but not sure if its the same here in the uk model have also replaced the engine loom but still not starting have had a chap in with 4 seperate computers and there is not faults stored at all have been at it now for 10 full days and just want to here it run can any one through some light on it i would be extremely gratefull

#2 ·
The pump noise on door opening is with petrol(gas) engines. My 2008 V6 TDI is silent until you hit the key. In the 6 the common rail is pressurized by the common rail pump which is belt driven rather than using the in-tank pump/s. No noise is normal.

Have you primed the fuel system, as with air in the common rail, it will not start.

Stuart..

#4 ·
The pump noise on door opening is with petrol(gas) engines. My 2008 V6 TDI is silent until you hit the key. In the 6 the common rail is pressurized by the common rail pump which is belt driven rather than using the in-tank pump/s. No noise is normal.

Have you primed the fuel system, as with air in the common rail, it will not start.

Stuart..
If the fuel rails etc lose fuel i.e you remove injector lines, HPFP etc the system can be a bit of a pain to bleed. And if it has air in the system it will just wind over but not start all day, and i dont believe that winding it over will bleed the fuel rails what i did was remove the cover for the tooth drive belt remove it and turn the pump over by hand with a few injector lines cracked till all were showing fuel then refitted the belt and it started after a few more cranks. Running the intank pumps via VCDS does not bleed the rails i tried for ages only good after fuel filter replacment. Check the injector wiring with a noid light to see if you are getting pluse at the injector. I have a suspicion that the injectors will not pulse till the engine senses enought rail pressure but not sure. any way if you get injector pluse with the noid light it can only be fuel.

You get that?

regards
Drag

#3 ·
My '10 TDI does not make any noise when opening the door either. My 04 VR6 did and I think as Stuart said above that is just a gas motor thing only. Not the TDI's at all.

#5 ·
hand blead the HPFP with the belt off and ran the fuel pump at the same time and it started thats the good news the bad news is the bigends are banging there brains off supose to be a 66k engine but it has a lot off back pressure aswell as the crank,hoping the salvage yard i got it from can gett a replacement soon thanks for the advice on the HPFP bleeding will be doing it again soon i hope..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.