Touareg and Iphone - Club Touareg Forums

Old 05-22-2010 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2007 V6
Touareg and Iphone

Hello everyone ... new here.
I was wondering if anyone would have the clue pairing an Iphone and the bluetooth Touareg system ????
I'd appriciate, really, cos I can't use my cell in the car.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking

Thanks very much, but I don't have the RNS-510. My 2007 Touareg GPS is looking like this model. I'll try anyway like in the video, but I tried so much methods ... I doubt... Thanks again anyway.[IMG]file:///Users/veropascal/Desktop/jsm_01.06.2005_1117658439_Img_4616.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jsm_01.06.2005_1117658439_Img_4616.jpg
Views:	1847
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	9124  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2010
The Moderator!

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by plabrousse View Post
Thanks very much, but I don't have the RNS-510. My 2007 Touareg GPS is looking like this model. I'll try anyway like in the video, but I tried so much methods ... I doubt... Thanks again anyway.[IMG]file:///Users/veropascal/Desktop/jsm_01.06.2005_1117658439_Img_4616.jpg[/IMG]
You need to get a bluetooth kit to install since that radio did not have it natively built in.

2010 Alaska Grey/Anthracite V6 TDI- Lux,Tech, Air and Hitch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, actually this radio has the bluetooth system, cos one of my friend has the same and he paired his Nokia cell with it ... but doesn't seem to work with my Iphone though ... Look as though VW only worked with this Nokia factory before ?
Old 06-22-2010

Touareg: 2004 V6
Just a thought, maybe the bluetooth needs to be activated 1st on your system before it will scan for your phone.

04 Touareg V6 3.2 Petrol.
Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for your quote.
Hum, I think I've tried everything ... but I know that it will never work. I definitely need that RNS 350 ... and it's really too expensive. Never mind. I'll wait for another phone, a Nokia this time !!!

At last but not the least ...
Old 06-22-2010
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by plabrousse View Post
Well, actually this radio has the bluetooth system, cos one of my friend has the same and he paired his Nokia cell with it ... but doesn't seem to work with my Iphone though ... Look as though VW only worked with this Nokia factory before ?
Has he tried to pair his phone with YOUR radio? Bluetooth was never available as an option in North America until the RNS-510 radio was available, so not many here will have experience with your setup. Are there any options in the MFI for bluetooth or radio function?

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
and our

Old 06-22-2010 Thread Starter

Yes he did try to pair his phone with my radio, and it worked !!! I'm sure the trouble comes from the Iphone and that's all. Bluetooth is really available cas there a Nokia 6300 pre installed in it ... so ... well it doesn't matter anyway, I'll manage like this. Tanks for your quote, it was nice.

At last but not the least ...
Old 06-22-2010
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
Do you know the process or method that he used to pair with your vehicle? Depending on the systems installed, I believe that that the controller could be recoded to allow other phones to pair. The iPhone should pair with most any kit that supports the "handsfree profile".

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
and our

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in