\mobile phone system in 2004 V6 - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 3 Old 01-05-2012 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
\mobile phone system in 2004 V6

I have a 2004 V6 bought second hand in June this year. on the dash there was a hole where obviously there had been a mobile phone. I would like to install mine in this space but as my manual is in German (and even google translate doesn't help with the technical words) I don't know how to go about doing this or about understanding the keys on the steering wheelpanel which will operate the system once it is installed. Can anyone out there help please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-05-2012
Administrator

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
The phone that was originally designed for this slot was a very old Nokia model. I'm sure no one is using these old phones any more. There may be a newer bluetooth module you could get in place of it. Check with your local VW dealer's parts department.

Touareg Audio Accessories - Keyless Start - Paddle Shift ==>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-05-2012
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2005 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Can't afford one
2 options. 1st - with BT adaptor connected to the existing housing, and 2nd is replace telephone module. But - before you do any changes I will recommend you to check what module you have now. Some module was code for cradle but it was also BlueTooth module. I know this module was installed in 2005. Perhaps also in 2004. BT adaptor cost you about 150euro and it will be a simple install for user.
VW Bluetooth-Adapter Pairing Original NEU & OVP | eBay

Module cost you 50Euro (is installed under passenger seat) will display phone book, on the cluster (RED DOT matrix or full coloru - depend what you have) also will display received and dialled number, missed number, can be fully operate from multi function steering wheel. There is a voice command as well. Its little complicate to replace this but is worth this job, and also is cheaper.
http://allegro.pl/vw-touareg-interfa...5737198.htmlBT
Module can be found in POland on the auction. Let me know if I can help you.

Finally my 2005 V10 Touareg with ACC.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode