Cyprus rep UNICARS have no clue! - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 5 Old 03-30-2011 Thread Starter

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Cyprus rep UNICARS have no clue!

Please find here below my message to UNICARS vw cyprus

I would like to inform you that your car Service suffers seriously. I had many occasions to realize that, but the last one was your last chance. After a whole day in your garage for inspection you told me that my car a VW Touareg needed an AC Compressor which would cost me 1300eu including labor. The next day I went to a garage in Pallouriotissa and I ask the owner to check my car too. After 10 ( TEN) minutes he told me is the coupling of the compressor of the AC, plus a small metal part outside the compressor for less than 100eu plus labor total 280.00eu. I would like to inform you that my car now is perfect.
After all I was right! Because of your reasons which for me are obvious you follow the therapy “ infected finger nail, you cut the whole arm”.
I know that I bought my car second hand from UK but I used to bring it to you for better service AND I TRUSTED you, but the better service is a MYTH. You should cherish your clients in order to be and feel confident with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-30-2011

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
Obviously they think their customer are brainless, and will just accept their crap.

Well done, obviously in Cyprus A/C is essential!

2008 V6 TDI, with the following Retrofitted Items:
ACC, Front & Side Assist, Paddle Shift, Towbar & Trailer Module, Fiscon Bluetooth. Reversing Camera, Front Fog Lamps, Redarc TowPro Brake Controller, T1 Door Warning Lamps, T1 Under Seat Drawer, Alloy Skid Plate, 5ton Winch, Cayenne Front and Rear Sway Bars, Tuned by Oettinger, Retrofitted 6 Piston Brembo Front Brake Callipers, Sports Steering Wheel, TPMS (OEM), Dual Batteries
post #3 of 5 Old 03-30-2011 Thread Starter

VW rep in Cyprus- UNICARS

Obviously there behavior was always “we know better”. A week before the event with the AC my car was in their garage for routine maintenance for 96000km.( All previous malfunctions were a week or two after routine maintenance). When I was receiving my car the top technician during his speech told me that my car has 60000miles. I replied that my car – I am the owner for 1.5 year had 96000Km and not miles even though I imported the car from UK. He tried then to persuade me that I am stupid or analphabet and I cannot discriminate Km from miles. The best was when I told him that the change was made by my 17years old son. He told me that cannot be true because for the change you need their elaborate computer system. We finally went to the car, switch on the engine and he show me with a triumph on his look the indication miles!!!. At that moment I became unpleasant because he wouldn’t accept that my own son change it before 1.5 year, I was driving the car for that time and had in front of my face the indication Km. He finally followed my instructions- I never tried before to do that- and we found the UNITS, change it km and end of the story. This certainty that units cannot be changed and behavior came not from a guy who is washing the cars but from their top engineer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-14-2011

Touareg AC

Hello Marios,

I am also Cypriot and Touareg owner. It seems that my Touareg is suffering with an AC problem too. Of course there is no chance I will visit UNICARS for obvious reasons.
I was wondering what were the site effects of your AC? Mine got less and less productive and one day just stopped blowing cold air. When I visually checked the compressor it seems that the front part of the compressor tries to engage (turns) for a sec and then it stops.
My mechanic said that it is either the compressor or the coupler.
So I will appreciate it if you could please let me know the behavior of your A/C before you fixed it.
Also could you find parts in Cyprus or you had to order and wait?
Thanks in advance
post #5 of 5 Old 06-14-2011 Thread Starter

touareg

Dear Lambro,

The first signs of problem was a terrible noise during relentie times. ( .f.e in traffic lights). much less noise or nothing during normal driving.
the garagist in Pallouriotissa spent only 10 minutes and he told me that it was the coupling which is a rubber thing. at the same time in order to be connected to the AC compressor he needed to manufacture a small metal part and attached it to the ac. and that for few euros. the fact that the garage told me that they dont do things like that is a lie. One of my internet shop clients has a "tornadoros" shop behind electromechanical services in sopaz area and all official garages use his services. he charge30eu , you pay100. etc. He is behind scratch metal warehouse of epifaniou. I used to be part of the MPM group- Peugeot and i know that all gifted mechanics leave their garages because the low salaries. if you are good and you claim money they fire you and they get young peopel without experience. this is the same everywhere. And one more thing. I bet my right hand that every time you get your car for service, they "produce" a future mulfunction to your car by weakening a bold, a belt or something similar. Every time after the service I faced a serious mechanical problem. tixeo....den nomizo. I could give you the address of the mechanic in Pallouriotissa if you are interested but next week because i am abroad for a buisness trip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode