Adding GAS to tdi v6 09 about 15% to 85% Diesel - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 12 Old 08-21-2010 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2009 V6 TDI
Adding GAS to tdi v6 09 about 15% to 85% Diesel

Anybody done this successfully yet would be pleased to hear about it,Its being done successfully in OZ with other c/ rail diesels and are geting up to 25% inprovement in economy even after buying gas and similar improvement in kw cost is about 4.5 to 5 thou in OZ dollars. For thoughs wandering how it works, Simple ,gas explodes when the diesel does bigger bag and cleaner burn ,more power,obviously you nead another gas tank on board aprox 20 lts volume it could fit where your spear tyre now goes and replace tyre with spray can you no that expanding foam stuff.Your fellow Tregger in OZ just Tregging along Dean.PS I wander what VW think ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-21-2010
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Other
Maybe it's just me... but I would NEVER add gasoline to the diesel mix.

2006 V6, Campy White, VIN 46xxx, Anthracite w/ Sound 1 and Xenon Headlight Upgrades, Monster Mats, 3M Window Tint, Euro Headlight Switch, Gorilla Gear Cargo Mat, Clear Bra, VW Tow Pkg, VW V8 Style Exhaust Tips, 18' Manhattans & Silver Racks
2013 Audi allroad: Ibis White with Layered Oak Inlays
post #3 of 12 Old 08-21-2010
Administrator

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
It was common add up to 10% of the lowest octane gas you could find to diesel when I first started driving about 20 years ago (when diesels didn't have things liek PD or CRD technology). the idea was to winterize your fuel so it wouldn't wax up. Fuel economy would drop drastically and sometimes your engine would run like crap...but it sure beat waiting for 24 hours in a heated facility for the lines to thaw.

With much more reliable diesel supply, heated fuel lines and with ultra high tech diesel engines I don't know of anyone who does this, nor would I ever do it.

-------------------------------------------------
2013 Touareg TDI Black Pearl / Titan Black
--PREVIOUS TOUAREGS:
'09 TDI, '07 V8 FSI, '04 V10 TDI, '04 VR6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 08-21-2010 Thread Starter

Gas in Diesel

Your American colloquialism has brought you unstuck, Gas is gas Petrol is petrol , I would'nt add petrol to diesel either Your friend in OZ still Tregging along Dean.
post #5 of 12 Old 08-21-2010
Administrator

Are you talking about LPG? if so, haven't heard of anyone doing that either. Anything I've read from VW indicates that TDI engines are to be run on diesel fuel only.

--PREVIOUS TOUAREGS:
post #6 of 12 Old 08-21-2010 Thread Starter

Yes adding LPG to diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickm View Post
Are you talking about LPG? if so, haven't heard of anyone doing that either. Anything I've read from VW indicates that TDI engines are to be run on diesel fuel only.
Yes, like i said ,its all ready been successfully done here in OZ for some time now, But not sure if any body has done aTregg yet.I'm going to make futher enquiries on monday at Australian LPG warehouse. I'll let you all now.DEAN
post #7 of 12 Old 08-21-2010 Thread Starter

Diesel fuel only

Quote:
In OZ we are warned not to use biodiesel and there is also a warning in the filler cap, however i've learnt recently on these forums that some of you guys are using it, what gives? Do you know anything? Your friend in OZ Dean
post #8 of 12 Old 08-22-2010
Administrator

Dean, VW still doesn't recommend biodiesel usages but many members are running it successfully, There are a few even running B100!. Fred's TDI page has a ton of info on biodiesel, the bulk of it would be written for the 1.9 and 2.0L 4 cyl TDIs, so not sure how much of that knowledge would apply to the 3L V6 or 5L V10 TDIs.

--PREVIOUS TOUAREGS:
post #9 of 12 Old 08-23-2010 Thread Starter

Bio diesel

Quote:
Dean, VW still doesn't recommend biodiesel usages but many members are running it successfully, There are a few even running B100!. Fred's TDI page has a ton of info on biodiesel, the bulk of it would be written for the 1.9 and 2.0L 4 cyl TDIs, so not sure how much of that knowledge would apply to the 3L V6 or 5L V10 TDIs.
From what i understand the bio exhaust may not combust, or combust as well as normal diesel exhaust hence,The normal self cleaning system may not work at all, or at a much reduced effect. Remember too thoughs exhaust particular filters, Cats,mufflers, ect are very expansive.In OZ they are thousands of dollars.Dean [Your thoughts] And by the way whats the time over there.
post #10 of 12 Old 08-23-2010

Her's a link to Diesel Gas Australia. Might help clarify a few points etc. DIESEL GAS AUSTRALIA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode