Aargh, today's accident :-( - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 17 Old 09-17-2015 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Garage
Angry Aargh, today's accident :-(

My wife has been waiting for a green light in a queue when the car was hit from behind. Fortunately she and my son are OK. Wife got anxious because she was for the first time in such overwhelming situation when she had to phone insurer and police. A low life individual from neighbouring miserable country (so called “refugee”) went at unsafe speed and failed to brake. I can say without shadow of a doubt that Touareg is a Panzer. Despite the heavy impact no airbags deployed just the rear bumper damaged. And look at that bucket.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 09-17-2015
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njord View Post
My wife has been waiting for a green light in a queue when the car was hit from behind. Fortunately she and my son are OK. Wife got anxious because she was for the first time in such overwhelming situation when she had to phone insurer and police. A low life individual from neighbouring miserable country (so called “refugee&rdquo went at unsafe speed and failed to brake. I can say without shadow of a doubt that Touareg is a Panzer. Despite the heavy impact no airbags deployed just the rear bumper damaged. And look at that bucket.

The same exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago! Did the crash happen to take out your parking sensors? Mine are no longer functional. I still haven't managed to get mine fixed due to the person who hit keeps ignoring the calls from the insurance company
post #3 of 17 Old 09-17-2015

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
Garage
I was that A-hole last week. I had about a million things going on in the car, traffic was stop and go, I wasn't sure where I was going, my iPhone wasn't talking to me anymore and even though I didn't look at it, I still rear ended someone. I glanced down at the speed and a sneeze for what seems like only 1 second and then ... crunch.

The guy I hit wasn't insured, but it was my fault. He had his house closed on a few days prior to and was sleeping out of his 2002 Monte Carlo. He was on his way to a job and then I hit him. Man, I felt like a schmuck. After i let him use my phone because he didn't have any minutes his, the cop told me to take off and while I was leaving, he was getting a sobriety test done (this is at 7:45AM). I feel bad for destroying his day, car and who knows what else and hope he comes out ahead in this.

Honestly, I really didn't even feel it in my Touareg. I felt a bump or so, but nothing really else. His car was toast though and the only thing wrong with mine was cosmetic damage and parking sensors up front. I can say that the Touareg is built more like an M1 tank than a car.

2008 Touareg, 2014 Tiguan, 1980 CB750 (project bike)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 09-17-2015
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2005 V8
Second Vehicle: Still looking
ohhh sorry to see this mate fortunately touareg have minor damage and your family is unharmed. thanks to god
post #5 of 17 Old 09-17-2015 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecurtmaster View Post
The same exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago! Did the crash happen to take out your parking sensors? Mine are no longer functional. I still haven't managed to get mine fixed due to the person who hit keeps ignoring the calls from the insurance company
No parking sensors (the first owner had a tough budget, methinks).
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikoloz View Post
ohhh sorry to see this mate fortunately touareg have minor damage and your family is unharmed. thanks to god
Thanks for your sympathy. That's why I eyed a Treg years ago, to protect my family members in the similar situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonRL View Post
I was that A-hole last week.
We are all human beings. BTW It's not a first time my rear bumper was hit. A few years ago, circa 2012, Toyota Camry ended my Treg. Again, I was staying at a crossroad, waiting for light. The impact was light coz Toyota was standing too. A very nice woman bent to open the glove box (to take her wallet and donate some money to a disabled man) and accidentally released the brake pedal. So, I was an innocent victim of her charity. The plastic just bent and then restored its original shape even no scratches were visible. I let her to go. (Next morning I had a flight.) Son was inside the car but he was too small and don't remember that accident now.
post #6 of 17 Old 09-18-2015

Touareg: 2009 V6
Glad your wife and son was ok! Mine was In a T bone by a drunk driver😭

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2153893962.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	456.7 KB
ID:	121257
On the other hand shame on you for what you said about the person who hit the Treg..
Those people have names and not because they refugees they are humans just like us and can make mistakes to.!
Just saying😀
post #7 of 17 Old 09-18-2015 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire20 View Post
Just saying��
Words without thoughts never to heaven go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire20 View Post
can make mistakes to.!
The oftentimes excusing of a fault doth make the fault the worse by the excuse.

No remorse. I am from the land where we used to have Father and Mother, not politcorrect Parent#1 and Parent#2. And if the moron drives irresponsibly we used to call him the moron. Next time he will hit someone's kid on a crosswalk.
post #8 of 17 Old 12-10-2015 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Garage
Just a tiny update. Back in business! Installed brand new parts Nos. 40 and 45 (see attached sketch). Part No. 37 was repaired with filler. Here is the revamped bumper photo. The indemnity was paid without undue delay but didn't cover to the full extent. All in all my total loss is around 150$. Bloody insurers...

post #9 of 17 Old 12-11-2015
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2005 V8
thumbs up! looks like new
The Following User Says Thank You to nikoloz For This Useful Post:
Njord (12-11-2015)
post #10 of 17 Old 12-11-2015
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V6 TDI
Glad that everything turned out OK.
Is it just me looking at the photographs or did your bumper get just a couple of scratches? If that's the case then I'm glad I'm driving a Touareg, too...

------------
Naturist's Touareg : T2 2008 V6 TDI 176 kW (240 HP)
The Following User Says Thank You to Naturist For This Useful Post:
Njord (12-11-2015)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode