Yet another new T in CO - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 9 Old 04-29-2005 Thread Starter

Yet another new T in CO

Hi there, I just got my 2005 V8 a few days ago. Don't have any pictures to post yet, waiting for the snow to stop.

I have some questions for you CO locals:

1. can you recommend any shops where can I get a clear bra put on?
2. can you recommend any shops where I can get the front windows tinted to match the back, and what is the specification for that tint (AT15?) I live in Boulder, but travel frequently, so could drop off the car at a shop in Denver if needed.
3. which cargo liner do you guys use? Looking at the Nifty CatchAll Extreme: http://www.tregcentral.com/scripts/p...?idproduct=294
4. do any of you use the standard roof racks? Living in Colorado, I need a good rack system for skiing and biking. I've just started doing the research, but curious what you're using for a rack and whether you've been happy with it.

The only mod I've done so far is to hardwire my Valentine1, but would love to VAG the accept prompt and seat belt warning off.

thanks.

2005 V8 Offroad Grey / Teak interior, Nav, Sound II, Air Suspension, Park Assist, Rear Diff, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pkg, Monster Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-29-2005
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Other
WELCOME ABOARD..... it looks like we have another TOUAREG owner play with us!!!

You live in Boulder.... so there's some good news.

The shop.... A Cut Above did the clear bra and the tint job on my '05. Jason owns the place. He's located at 63rd and Arapahoe in Boulder.... in suite #7.

The exact matching tint is the Llumar AT35 and he can get it for you if you want. He found a 3M tint that he put on my front windows and it looks really good. I find the 3M does a better job of cutting the heat and intensity of the sun coming through the window better than the Llumar film did.

Where did you buy your TOUAREG? If you need service, make sure you see Mark Clemens and the gang at Gebhardt ---- FANTASTIC SERVICE!!!!

2006 V6, Campy White, VIN 46xxx, Anthracite w/ Sound 1 and Xenon Headlight Upgrades, Monster Mats, 3M Window Tint, Euro Headlight Switch, Gorilla Gear Cargo Mat, Clear Bra, VW Tow Pkg, VW V8 Style Exhaust Tips, 18' Manhattans & Silver Racks
2013 Audi allroad: Ibis White with Layered Oak Inlays
post #3 of 9 Old 04-29-2005 Thread Starter

Thank you much TREGinginCO, I will stop by and talk to Jason as soon as I get a chance, happy to hear I can get both things done at the same place and locally too.

I bought my baby from Tynan's in Aurora. I did this thing with carbargains.org where they run a reverse auction and dealers essentially make bids on your business. From a price perspective, Tynan's was the one that made the best offer, I got the car for dealer invoice, and was shown the invoice. The purchase process was very smooth and the fleet manager there was great to deal with (I ordered from factory).

I haven't had any service done yet though, so I don't know what their service is like, although it's not likely I will be driving to Aurora for service Thanks for the tip on the folks at Gebhardt, will definitely check them out. Did they move recently? I thought they used to be right there on 28th street but drove by the other day and noticed that the Saab dealership had taken over the lot.

Did you get dumped on in Parker? There's about 2 feet of snow up here in the Bouder Heights. I really should do some work today, but can hear the Treg calling me from the garage, I think it wants to play in the snow.

2005 V8 Offroad Grey / Teak interior, Nav, Sound II, Air Suspension, Park Assist, Rear Diff, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pkg, Monster Mats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 04-29-2005
Touareg Guru

One of the members of VWVortex (hapster) gets his TOUAREG serviced at Tynans. I got a chance to meet their main TOUAREG tech, Jimmy, and he seems like a real gearhead!!! He seems to really know his stuff, so if Jimmy is the one working on your car, you should be in pretty good shape.

Gebhardt moved earlier this month to their new, bigger and much improved home on 49th & Pearl. I haven't been to the new shop yet, but I will probably see them next week for my 5K service.

As for snow in Parker, we only got about 2-inches of snow. I talked to Mark at Gebhardt this morning and he also said you guys got dumped on in Boulder.

One other question, with snow on the ground and you having a new 'T' --- what the hell are you doing at work????

2006 V6, Campy White, VIN 46xxx, Anthracite w/ Sound 1 and Xenon Headlight Upgrades, Monster Mats, 3M Window Tint, Euro Headlight Switch, Gorilla Gear Cargo Mat, Clear Bra, VW Tow Pkg, VW V8 Style Exhaust Tips, 18' Manhattans & Silver Racks
post #5 of 9 Old 05-01-2005 Thread Starter

Hey TREGinginCO,

Can you give me precise details on where the "A Cut Above" shop is. I dropped by on Saturday afternoon but couldn't find the place, nor could I find them in the phonebook. If I head east on Arapahoe towards 63rd, where exactly do I turn?

thanks.

post #6 of 9 Old 05-02-2005
Touareg Guru

Head east on Arapahoe.... turn left on 63rd. You'll see a little business park area (also look for a mexican restaurant--- I think the name is Efrin's or something like that). He's in the center in suite 7. It's a very generic looking area. I missed it the first time I looked for it too.

Once you turn onto 63rd.... it's about a half a block down on your right.

post #7 of 9 Old 05-02-2005 Thread Starter

Ahhhh.... so I was right there, I just didn't see it for some reason. Cool, I'll go by again this week. I'm eager to get the clear bra on before too long. BTW, any chance you can post a picture of your Treg with the 3M tint, or point me to a picture you may already have posted. I'd love to see what it looks like in comparison to the rear tint.

Thanks!

post #8 of 9 Old 05-02-2005
Touareg Guru

I have these two pictures. The tint is really close. You're going to have to look really hard to see a difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new_touareg_003_735.jpg (147.7 KB, 1134 views)

post #9 of 9 Old 05-02-2005
Touareg Guru

And another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new_touareg_007_142.jpg (146.8 KB, 1128 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode