Upper MidWest Group Buy 2014 - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 25 Old 07-30-2013 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Upper MidWest Group Buy 2014

After 2 weeks of frustration with dealers for a 2013 Lux TDI, decided to wait and order a 2014 in the next 30 days. A better deal can be accomplished thru a group buy. Open to coordinate in the Minneapolis area. If interested send a pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 07-30-2013

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2012 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabsr View Post
After 2 weeks of frustration with dealers for a 2013 Lux TDI, decided to wait and order a 2014 in the next 30 days. A better deal can be accomplished thru a group buy. Open to coordinate in the Minneapolis area. If interested send a pm.
Head a lot further south, and you'll get a much better deal... think where they don't have snow or need AWD. Desert. You have to be flexible, and not act like you need it or want it. Deals are out there, you have to hunt them down. My BIL got $6500 off of MSRP , and I did even better, on July 23, a week ago. Hit them up at month end or last week, when they are trying to make sales numbers. Or get it done tomorrow, July 31st. No trade ins, go in, make an offer, ask if they are in a region that is offering 6500 under MSRP and have your financing done elsewhere. If they aren't in a region offering $6500 off, look elsewhere. You can't be lazy and expect to find deals. Tons of them at Strong VW in Salt Lake City, if you are willing to drive for big savings.
post #3 of 25 Old 07-30-2013
Touareg Guru

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Just go to Wisconsin. I did. Paid $55991 for my Exec TDI. Easy trip for you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2017 Porsche Macan
2012 Touareg TDI Exec (Cool Silver/Anthracite) | Warning Triangle | Auto Hold Switch | (she gone)
2007 Touareg V8 FSI (old) | 2006 Passat 3.6L Sport 1 (old) | 2003 Passat GLX (old)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 07-31-2013

Give Tony Glavas a call over at Strong VW in SLC. 801 596-2200, or call him on his cell # 801 884 8335, and see if he has got what you're looking for, at a great price. Tell him Randy sent you. I'd call him today, last day of the month.
post #5 of 25 Old 07-31-2013
Touareg Addict

Second Vehicle: Other
Tabsr,

Since you are after the new 2014 model now, savings mentioned by Niner are unreal – his deal was on 2013 model at the end of the year’s sale. I agree that a group buy might offer a substantial saving, but whether you’ll find another guy willing to join in or not – it is hard to say. The Luther’s prices are quite fair (or at least they were when I was buying), but bringing written quotes from other dealers might force them to match or even beat a better price offer. It might make sense to request quotes from Wisconsin as Fincher suggests or even west of the Plains (), since anything VW in Minnesota is under Luther’s control. I am curious which of the Luther’s subordinate dealers you were trying to work with. The one in Burnsville was the best to me, though my local Park Place Motors (also Luther’s group dealership) in Rochester, MN did beat their offer after I showed them Burnsville’s quote.

Good luck to you!
post #6 of 25 Old 07-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer View Post
Tabsr,

Since you are after the new 2014 model now, savings mentioned by Niner are unreal – his deal was on 2013 model at the end of the year’s sale. I agree that a group buy might offer a substantial saving, but whether you’ll find another guy willing to join in or not – it is hard to say. The Luther’s prices are quite fair (or at least they were when I was buying), but bringing written quotes from other dealers might force them to match or even beat a better price offer. It might make sense to request quotes from Wisconsin as Fincher suggests or even west of the Plains (), since anything VW in Minnesota is under Luther’s control. I am curious which of the Luther’s subordinate dealers you were trying to work with. The one in Burnsville was the best to me, though my local Park Place Motors (also Luther’s group dealership) in Rochester, MN did beat their offer after I showed them Burnsville’s quote.

Good luck to you!
My deal at Strong Motors was quite real... $48565 MSRP, $40,199 plus $399 dealership fee, for a stripped with mats and liner 2013 TDI Sport. I did a double take on the ad price, and printed it out, and held them to the advertised price.

It's really simple, ask them if they can do $6500 off of MSRP, either they can or they can't... if they can't, counter with $5500 off, or what ever number you can live with for an OUT THE DOOR price quote.

There are really good deals out there now in Florida also, might be even worth it to have it shipped, for the savings.

Point being, you have to work for the deals, and you have to make it happen, no one else is going to do it for you.

There's also a white Touareg TDI Exec sitting at Findlay Motors in Henderson NV that I am sure you could ask if they'd do $6500 off of MSRP, and they'd most likely tell you yes, if you finance it elsewhere. Ask for Mike Arthur there. I did business with them last year for my 2012 tdi sport, very happy with how I was treated, well worth it.

2 weeks ago, I saw some very, very good deals on Lux's in Boise ID, might still be going on, check out VW dealers websites in that area.... as I said, you have to work hard to find the deals.
post #7 of 25 Old 07-31-2013
Touareg Addict

Second Vehicle: Other
Niner, your recent anabasis with the Sport from Strong was a good deal! You are a very good negotiator, perhaps best of us all. You seem to be aware of all great deals on Touaregs in the NA.
But you often do not read posts carefully. The OP will be buying 2014 model, not 2013. There is no way you would be able to buy your Sport $6500 below sticker if it would be of 2014 vintage. That’s all.
post #8 of 25 Old 07-31-2013
The Moderator!

Touareg: 2010 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Strong is in no way a small dealership by any means. They have room to work on deals done there. They own the lot and have two other dealerships in the SLC area. They have all three VAG companies, Porsche, Audi and VW. They move cars period. Don't discount having anything shipped as well. It may just be cheaper then a fly/drive. It was for me when I bought my '10 TDI from Langhorn while living in SLC.

2010 Alaska Grey/Anthracite V6 TDI- Lux,Tech, Air and Hitch
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 Offroad Grey V6, gone, but will never be forgotten.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 25 Old 07-31-2013

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner View Post
My deal at Strong Motors was quite real... $48565 MSRP, $40,199 plus $399 dealership fee, for a stripped with mats and liner 2013 TDI Sport. as I said, you have to work hard to find the deals.
I almost sealed the deal on the exact car for 45,999. I ended up going with a used 2012 (13.5k miles) and paid 200 more then you did. Wowza you worked for it!
post #10 of 25 Old 07-31-2013 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Stealership

Ok all, at 67 I have bought a few cars in the past. I consider Luther the worst on any deals. If a good price is discovered, I will buy a 2013. However, the prices quoted are $3000 to $4000 off MSRP. The 2014 Lux on the VW site is increased buy approx $700 and has more standard features.

When I inquired to 2 Luther VW locations and inquired into warranty by being forced to burn above B5, their eyes glazed and stated VW or the dealer can be trusted. Below is the official answer from VWAM with the legal "cover your ass" statement. I am very familiar with legal as I keep a corporate attorney, patent attorney and patent litigator attorney in $$$$.

Trust but verify.

THE VW CORP ANSWER

Hello!

At this time, we have approved B5 blend of bio-diesel for use in our Clean Diesel vehicles. We understand that individual states are increasing their acceptable percentage of bio-diesel concentrations, and this makes it difficult for some customers to locate a labeled bio-diesel blend of 5%.

We are currently researching the use of higher blends in our vehicles. If a change in policy is made, you will receive an addendum to your owner's manual by mail. In the meantime, I encourage you to keep an open dialogue with your servicing dealership. They are in the best position to provide a recommendation based on what they use to fuel their own Clean Diesel vehicles.

Should you experience a vehicle concern as a result of using a higher blend of bio-diesel due to availability, Volkswagen will look at the circumstances for possible assistance with repairs. We stand behind our products and our customers, and we understand this is a delicate situation. Please be assured, Volkswagen will do everything possible to work with you should a repair need arise.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Volkswagen Customer Care at 800-822-8987.

We hope this information is helpful. Thanks again for contacting Chat!

Melanie
VW Chat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode