Twin City Tire Shop - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 15 Old 12-13-2013 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Twin City Tire Shop

Looking for a good tire place with the force balance equipment. Need to set up winter set with Nokian R2. This winter is like the 1970ís MN winters. So far, not a very pleasant start for early December. White till end of March.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-13-2013

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
Check with Imola Motor Sports, link below, They have been servicing my cars and family cars since they opened.
imolamotorsports.com - Imola Motorsports

Also The Alignment Guy might be an option, I don't know if he has a road force balancer.

The Alignment Guy

Good Luck, Bob
post #3 of 15 Old 12-13-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is jealous
I would be interested as well. How have you liked imola? They clearly work on some nice stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 12-13-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Check out All J's in south minneapolis. They don't have road force but they don't need it. They know how to mount and balance tires. I have been using them for over 10 years. I have had no issues with the Touareg balancing and they were the only place that could balance the original equipment tires and wheels on the allroad.

I have also used IMOLA and they are a good service shop. I have not had tire work done there.
post #5 of 15 Old 12-13-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabsr View Post
Looking for a good tire place with the force balance equipment. Need to set up winter set with Nokian R2. This winter is like the 1970ís MN winters. So far, not a very pleasant start for early December. White till end of March.
You are going to love those R-2s. I put a set on recently and had a chance to try them out in this last snow storm. Drove in snow, and on very slippery roads. They were amazing. You will be pleased.
post #6 of 15 Old 12-13-2013
Touareg Addict

Second Vehicle: Other
I suggest using a search option on the Hunter Road Force Balance web-site
Road Force Touch¬ģ GSP9700 Wheel Balancer - The World's #1 Diagnostic Wheel Balancing Machine | Hunter Engineering Company
use locate option and then check particular locations which you're comfortable with or others have given you a good reference about....
Please beware that I've posted a link to locating their most advanced machine locations. There are lesser sophistication machines good enough for regular guy to use for road force balance...
Explore on your own.

P.S. Statement about no road force balance place which knows how to balance any wheel/tire setup is baloney. There is no such thing. If balance was good without road force balance it was a simple case and rather a matter of luck and nothing more.
Good luck to you!
post #7 of 15 Old 12-14-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2003 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Quote:
Looking for a good tire place with the force balance equipment. Need to set up winter set with Nokian R2. This winter is like the 1970’s MN winters. So far, not a very pleasant start for early December. White till end of March.
I own Nokian WR G2 and I purchased them in Roseville at Norm's Tire. Ordered and installed in a few business days. Installed while I waited for my daily driver, a 1990 Volvo 740. No road-force balancing needed there.

• 2007 VW Touareg V10 TDI (black exterior/teak cricket leather; rear diff locker, tow package) [wife's daily driver]
  • 2010 BMW 335d (M-sport package) [my daily driver]
  • 1990 Volvo 740 GL sedan (5-speed M/T) [~330,000 miles with original transmission + engine]
post #8 of 15 Old 12-14-2013
Touareg Addict

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
Send a message via AIM to rinaic Send a message via Skype™ to rinaic
Quote:
RFB may not help if they don't mount with care.

See my post here:
https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/sh...d.php?p=566089

'18 Q7 Prestige Night Black/Nougat | '18 Tiguan SEL Silk Blue/Black
Semi-retired in FL since 2008:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the family: '14 Touareg TDI Lux Black/Black(brother)

Traded
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

|
post #9 of 15 Old 12-14-2013
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2008 V6
I bought a set of WR G2's and had them done at Dick and Nancy's shop. Dick and Nancy are site members who drive a V10 TDI. Dick is a GREAT guy. Their shop is called Precision Frame. Seriously - give them a call. It's maybe 30 minutes from your place. Support our members!

RV suspension and tires are our specialty

Current:
2014 TDI Exec - White w/ Cornsilk

Gone to a great new home:
2008 V6 Cranberry Red - Lux Plus (Leather, Keyless) Tech + Dynaudio, Air, Tow, 4 Zone Climate
post #10 of 15 Old 12-14-2013
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConservativeConsumer View Post
P.S. Statement about no road force balance place which knows how to balance any wheel/tire setup is baloney. There is no such thing. If balance was good without road force balance it was a simple case and rather a matter of luck and nothing more. Good luck to you!
Sorry but I will disagree, please don't make statements you don't have knowledge about. This person has been in business for a long time. Before local dealers such as Audi, BMW and Mercedes send their tough issues to All J's. Stand outside his place for a day and you will mostly high end vehicles using this shop. The allroad had the most worthless tires and wheels and this guy was able to balance. So do you want to use a shop that has some person that reads an instruction manual than believes they are an expert at tires or a family run place that are professionals? I will take the professionals any time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode