St Paul/Minneapolis Service - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 13 Old 01-17-2014 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2013 V6 FSI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
St Paul/Minneapolis Service

Just wondering which dealership you use for your service and how is the service (reading posts it seems that some dealers don't have a clue on Touaregs). Mine is coming up on 20k and will be needing to take it in, I have only had it since 15k so this will be my first time taking it in for service.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-17-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2007 V6
Considering you are on the north end of town, you might call St Paul Audi and see if they could check it out for you. I use Burnsville VW, but I am in southwest Mpls. burbs.

http://www.audistpaul.com/service/index.htm

I know about West End (SLP), Inver Grove and Burnsville VW shops. Luther has a VW shop in Brooklyn Park. It looks like the closest for you would be Schmelz Countryside VW in St Paul.

http://www.schmelzvw.com/ServiceApptForm

I never order a service package--seems like those are a profit center. Burnsville checks everything out anyway, hoping something needs attention, and that checkup is done for free. I have them do the necessary maintenance, but do my oil changes, filters, brake flushes and tire rotations on a different schedule. The air filter is easy to replace on a gas engine.
post #3 of 13 Old 01-17-2014
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
The 20K service doesn’t require immense knowledge of Touareg. It is oil and filter replacement, tire rotation and mostly visual checks if I recall correctly. Don’t remember if they replace cabin filter at 20K though. Any Luther dealership will do. Per my limited knowledge, the VW Burnsville is the highest ranking VW Service Department in Twin Cities. My vehicle is serviced at the Park Place Motors in Rochester, MN (Luther group as well) and they are very good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 01-17-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
I use West Side which is where I purchased it. Haven't had any issues with them but only used them a couple of times for routine service. 30k service coming up in a couple of weeks. Also maintenance should be covered for 3year 36k miles. Don't think that has changed.
post #5 of 13 Old 02-26-2014

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
Just purchased a 2013 VW Touareg TDI Executive from Luther Burnsville. If their service is anything like the sales experience, this is the best dealership I have encountered in my 52 years of buying cars and trucks. We live about two hundred miles from Burnsville, MN, but we will go back to them for service as the parts department and the preparation of the vehicle for pickup was second to none.

Long time owner of a 2004 V8.
Love the new ones, but this one just keeps running so well. Great snow machine!
post #6 of 13 Old 02-26-2014
Touareg Guru

Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandlim View Post
Just purchased a 2013 VW Touareg TDI Executive from Luther Burnsville. If their service is anything like the sales experience, this is the best dealership I have encountered in my 52 years of buying cars and trucks. We live about two hundred miles from Burnsville, MN, but we will go back to them for service as the parts department and the preparation of the vehicle for pickup was second to none.
Congrats! I believe 2013-2014 models have a 2yr/24 month maintenance free service. Not positive. Maybe it's 2014 model year when it changed. Glad you found a great dealer...a valuable asset. My dealer is the reason I have stuck with VW. Very happy with my TDI Exec.

2017 Porsche Macan
2012 Touareg TDI Exec (Cool Silver/Anthracite) | Warning Triangle | Auto Hold Switch | (she gone)
2007 Touareg V8 FSI (old) | 2006 Passat 3.6L Sport 1 (old) | 2003 Passat GLX (old)
post #7 of 13 Old 02-26-2014
Touareg Mechanic

Id stick with burnsville vw
Ive had issues with West side VW and they have had lots of turnovers in staff in the past 2 years

92 Honda Prelude Si, 96 Acura GSR, 98 Integra Turbo LS, 04 Volkswagon Touareg V8, 02 Acura TL, 06 Touareg, 04 murano, 00 crv se, 97 Integra gsr.
post #8 of 13 Old 02-27-2014 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2013 V6 FSI
I ended up going to Schmelz, since it is closest to me. Everything went well, no issues at all with the service, will be going back for future service with the Touareg.
post #9 of 13 Old 02-27-2014
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2014 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2008 V6
For what it's worth, I've had nothing but great experiences at West Side, while Burnsville always seems to leave me disappointed. I don't know that you can go wrong at either place, but I won't go back to Burnsville.

Current:
2014 TDI Exec - White w/ Cornsilk

Gone to a great new home:
2008 V6 Cranberry Red - Lux Plus (Leather, Keyless) Tech + Dynaudio, Air, Tow, 4 Zone Climate
post #10 of 13 Old 10-24-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
Good Afternoon to everyone.
I am thinking of buying a used Touareg with the V10 tdi engine and am wondering if there are any dealers or shop in the twin cities area that someone would recommend using should I decide to buy this vehicle. I know that it is a rarer model with that engine. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode