Northern MN Touareg Owners - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 9 Old 10-27-2014 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Garage
Northern MN Touareg Owners

Hello,
I am looking to find fellow owners in Northern MN. I live in the Duluth area and would love to meet some other people with Touaregs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-27-2014
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
Hi,
My wife and I visit North Shore 3-4 times a year and spend ~two weeks a year in Grand Marais and on the Gunflint Trail. We always stop in Duluth for a few hours (love to visit Rose Garden near Leif Erikson Park!). We know Duluth quite well (mostly tourist places) and like to eat at the Pickwick’s. We own land in Grand Marais area, but we will not live there permanently for a while/yet. I may send you a PM next time we’ll be traveling there, which is most likely will be Valentine’s Day extended weekend.

P.S. What do you drive or you're still looking to buy? There was a picture of white Exec stuck in snow plow berm at the driveway entry in Duluth in December 2012. This Exec has very specific-looking kayak racks. I’ve seeing this very same vehicle couple of times (as some other members reported too) - near Lutsen and Bluefin Bay. Are you by chance the one who drives her?
post #3 of 9 Old 10-27-2014 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Garage
That would be great to get together sometime. Just let me know and we will see if we can't work something out.

No I do not own the one that you described. I actually just bought mine this past weekend from down in the cities. Its a 06 v10 tdi. Black on black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-27-2014
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
The CT member Horton from Twin Cities (if I remember correctly) drives 2007 V10 TDI. I think he's originally from somewhere up the North Shore. You might want to send him PM if he won't reply to this thread.
post #5 of 9 Old 10-30-2014

Touareg: 2005 V8
I'm in the St Cloud area. Just bought mine last week too, found it in Rogers.

Normally when I go to Duluth, which is a few times a year, I'm on my Victory. However aren't there some fantastic OHV trails just north of Duluth, in Gilbert (Iron Range Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Area)? I'm not looking to do anything advanced, but wouldn't mind getting out on some trails, especially up there.
post #6 of 9 Old 10-30-2014 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Garage
Webwzrd, small world, I am originally from St. Cloud. That's pretty cool

Yes there is an OHV park up in Gilbert. I had taken a look at their website when I first got my Jeep, thinking it would be fun to take that up there. Never did.
But who knows, might be kind of fun in the Touareg.

Here is a link to their website, take a look: OHV Trail Detail: Minnesota DNR
post #7 of 9 Old 10-30-2014

Touareg: 2005 V8
What's funny is I've been driving an '02 Explorer 4x for the last several years and although is a capable rig, I never even had the thought of exploring any of the many off road trails Minnesota has to offer. I get the Touareg and now am quite interested. Maybe it's because it's so much fun to drive and enjoyable to be in. On the other hand, I thought the Explorer was pretty cool when I first got it, but there's really no comparison.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-02-2014
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2003 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2004 V6
Hey guys. Scrolling through recent threads and I happened upon this one. ConservativeConsumer is right. I live in Saint Paul but hail from northern MN. My wife and I visit northern MN / Duluth somewhat often. I was considering a trip next weekend -- but we aren't sure if it'll be in the V10, or my new-to-me 2010 BMW 335d. The Treg in our family is actually my wife's daily driver I haven't taken a road trip in the Bimmer yet and I'd like to before snow flies.

I'm subscribed now. Consider adding Kriewer/Kreiwer. He's in Brainerd, IIRC.

• 2007 VW Touareg V10 TDI (black exterior/teak cricket leather; rear diff locker, tow package) [wife's daily driver]
  • 2010 BMW 335d (M-sport package) [my daily driver]
  • 1990 Volvo 740 GL sedan (5-speed M/T) [~330,000 miles with original transmission + engine]
post #9 of 9 Old 11-02-2014 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Garage
Horton,
I should be around town. I don't plan on going any where next weekend. Should you and your wife come up. As I said, I would love to meet some other owners and get to know some new people.

And I completely understand wanting to play with your new "toy". That's what I have been doing ever since I picked up my T'reg. So far I have put close to 1,000 miles on it in a week.

Perhaps we could connect next weekend. Just let me know. PM me if you would like to get together.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode