Noises comiming from the back of my Touareg - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 5 Old 09-05-2004 Thread Starter

Noises comiming from the back of my Touareg

I just purchased a V6 Touareg fully loaded in June, over 5000 miles are on it and now something is making nosies. On the highway when I hit 80mph, the car from the rear left makes this wierd vibrating noise, and at 45mhp the car makes a loud noise from the rear, more toward the right. I took it to a dealer and they dont know what the problem is, can anybody help me out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-29-2008 Thread Starter

Yeah this is about 4 yrs. old now, but I just wanted to let you guys know that when you mess around with the roof rack, it may couse some scary noises, so just take it off and redo it so that it does not happen again.

2004 V6 Shadow Blue, GPS/Moonsoon sound system.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-29-2008
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Other
Have you had the driveshaft replaced? It sounds like the it could be the beginning stages of the center bearing going out.

2006 V6, Campy White, VIN 46xxx, Anthracite w/ Sound 1 and Xenon Headlight Upgrades, Monster Mats, 3M Window Tint, Euro Headlight Switch, Gorilla Gear Cargo Mat, Clear Bra, VW Tow Pkg, VW V8 Style Exhaust Tips, 18' Manhattans & Silver Racks
2013 Audi allroad: Ibis White with Layered Oak Inlays
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-31-2008 Thread Starter

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREGinginCO View Post
Have you had the driveshaft replaced? It sounds like the it could be the beginning stages of the center bearing going out.

No, it wasn't the drive shaft or anything like that, it was the roof rack not properly secured which was making the noise when I was driving. You have to put it on very carefully or else the same thing will happen to you. But personally I would just take it off, it saves a little gas, and it is a really bad air diffuser.

2004 V6 Shadow Blue, GPS/Moonsoon sound system.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-20-2008

I had a loud swealing noise coming from the back of my Touareg, they said the Back Braking plate had to be adjusted, and now it doesn't make that noise any more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode