New Touareg owner in Overland Park Kansas - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 3 Old 06-23-2009 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

New Touareg owner in Overland Park Kansas

Hi, new owner of an off-lease 2006 Touareg with 41K Miles. Original owner was in Kenner, LA. It has the 4.2L V8 engine, Black exterior, Teak Leather interior, Package 3 (air suspension, bi-xenon, DVD Nav w rear CD changer, Rear camera, rear diff. lock), 19" alloy wheels, VW OEM Tow Hitch. Original factory sticker price was $56,424.

I have a VAG-COM and have turned off the SAT-NAV OK button, turned off the DRLs, and changed the headlight setting so that lows stay on when high beams are selected.

The original owner never completed the trailer wiring, so I have installed a Valley Odyssey 52810 Electric Brake Control and used the Waytek 37683 Trailer connector to set up for trailer towing.

Still learning all the Touareg gadgetry but learning curve not too steep as I also own a 2007 Eos Sport 2.0T.

This forum is great! Saved me a lot of money setting up for trailer towing. Saved me a lot of frustration with the REAL instructions on how to set up the HomeLink given that the owners manual HomeLink instructions don't work!

Very satisfied so far.

Randy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-24-2009
Touareg Addict

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Welcome to the forum Randy!

Matt

Gone, but never forgotten: 2005 V6, Shadow Blue/Kristal Grey, Package 1 (Xenons/Sound 1)

Bye bye Blue...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 3 Old 06-24-2009
Touareg Enthusiast

Welcome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode