New Metro Treg - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 4 Old 04-24-2005 Thread Starter

New Metro Treg

Hello Everyone... I just found this site (oh about 4 hours ago now) and am enjoying reading through all the posts and seeing the pictures. I've had my Treg for under a month now and have already put nearly 4000 miles on it. In short I'm lovin' it.

I came across the site by looking for auxillary radio options. I spent several hours at SoundTrack and was quite unhappy with what options seemed available. Once again---google to the rescue

I'm sorry to hear all the fuss about Osborn .. I got mine there and couldn't be more pleased.

I look forward to reading more from everyone.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. --Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2005
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
WELCOME!

Welcome to the Touareg family! Glad to hear that you are loving your Touareg. Any pictures?

Also, I don't know if you are the off-road type, but you do have a very capable vehicle, and should consider joining us for our 2nd annual Colorado Touareg 4x4 Rally in Lake City/Ouray/Telluride this July.

Also, let me know if you need any VAG-COM mods (turn off warning chimes, headlight mod, blinker mod, etc). I'm up the hill in the Evergreen area.

Lastly, watch for announcements of a spring drive sometime soon.

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and our

post #3 of 4 Old 04-25-2005 Thread Starter

Offroad type

Yes I am an off-road type. I've not taken the new Treg off-road but one of the reasons I got it was for exactly that reason. The ability to go out-and-about in it. The old A6 wasn't nearly as accomplished at such things though I did manage to make it pretty far in the wilderness in it once

Before doing such things with the Treg I believe I'd rather have some 17" wheels with some more substantial off-road tires than the 18" Contis it's fitted with right now.

I've attached the only pic (so far) of my Touareg. It was taken the morning after I bought it. I might very well take you up on your kind offer of Vag assistance. The DRL are quite a nuisance to me (and have already gotten me a friendly reminder to turn on my lights) from a polite constable
Attached Images
File Type: jpg treg-small-first-morning.jpg (34.9 KB, 972 views)

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination. --Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-25-2005
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Other
Rockies,

Welcome.... it's good to have another Coloradan in the TOUAREG mix.

Hey, if you'd like to swap your 18inch Manhattan Wheels... I've got the 17's with only 4k miles on mine..... I'd be more than happy to swap with you!!!

Here's a picture of mine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new_touareg_007_126.jpg (146.8 KB, 954 views)

2006 V6, Campy White, VIN 46xxx, Anthracite w/ Sound 1 and Xenon Headlight Upgrades, Monster Mats, 3M Window Tint, Euro Headlight Switch, Gorilla Gear Cargo Mat, Clear Bra, VW Tow Pkg, VW V8 Style Exhaust Tips, 18' Manhattans & Silver Racks
2013 Audi allroad: Ibis White with Layered Oak Inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode