mn vag com - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 6 Old 03-28-2013 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2005 V8
Second Vehicle: Still looking
mn vag com

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me out with some issues with my touareg? I live outside the twin Cities in cottage Grove and have a couple fault codes and check engine light with intermittent hesitation when accelerating. Would like to find someone with a vag com to see if I can figure this out or point me in the right direction. I will also be purchasing a vag com in the near future and would like to see it work before I jump in! I could also compensate for your time if necessary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-28-2013
Official CT Ricer!

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
There are several members from the area. Someone should bump in here soon enough.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-29-2013 Thread Starter

I hope so, still haven't figured it out, only other thing I could find that was out of the ordinary was that when accelerating, even lightly that there is a brief rapid ticking sound from underneath the car or the engine area every time. It does get a little louder when you step on it but not much. Maybe like a solenoid or valve possibly? Hopefully someone in the area bumps in! I don't really want to drive it not knowing what is wrong with the possibility of causing more problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-29-2013
Touareg Addict

Touareg: 2012 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
I am from Rochester, MN, but have no vag com, thus cannot not help you in a fashion you're asking for. I might sound like a lazy bum, but I do take care of my Touareg at the dealer and do not experiment with DIYs (yet) - simply because it is on warranty. If you are looking for a good VW Service Department, I'd highly recommend Park Place Motors in Rochester. They beat Twin Cities VW dealers like pros doing high school kids.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-30-2013 Thread Starter

Ok, so I had the local auto parts store scan with their code reader and the check engine light is on because of code p2181. Which is engine coolant level or temp, with the possible cause being failed water pump or coolant temp sensor, or could be the thermostat also! I did have concerns when I first bought my touareg a month or so ago about the thermostat because according to the temp gauge the car wanted to stay at about 160-180 degrees. Since It has been drivin regularly the temp reaches 200 and stays consistently. I picked up a temp sensor hoping that will cure the problem and that what's happening is that the faulty sensor is causing the engine to run poor when at operating temp as opposed to running like a champ when it's cold. Which is the only variable in the way it runs
post #6 of 6 Old 03-30-2013 Thread Starter

Has anyone replaced these on a axq v8? If so, I was told there are two of them and they have o rings and some wierd clip that tends to break? New sensor didn't come with o ring and is not threaded so I'm hoping that what I have is correct and bought a few o rings that could possibly fit just in case
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130330_180743.png
Views:	75
Size:	905.3 KB
ID:	20895  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode