Minnesota Touareg Owners, I need assistance. - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 03-02-2008 Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to MplsDude Send a message via Yahoo to MplsDude
Minnesota Touareg Owners, I need assistance.

Hi, I am the proud new owner of a 2004 V8 Touareg, I bought the keyless start from Spockcat and tried to install it and have had catastrophic problems now.

Here is my story....

I got everything wired up and brought the key back into the car and tried the button and it started the car....great! So I push the button again and shut the car off, put the key back in the house and came back out and put everything back together.

Then I bring the key back out and try the start button again and the immobilizer kicks in! So I try putting the key in the dash and try starting it that way, and it still is immobilized and now the key is stuck in the ignition.

So then I tear everything back apart, unwire the keyless start kit from the keyless module and put everything back the way it was, then the car came out of the immobilized mode and started up with the key but when I shut it off again it kept saying "Move shift lever to P", but it already was in P. So it wouldn't let me take the key out because of that, I ended up having to use a pin to pop the key out the emergency way.

Then I took it out for a drive and got home the "Move shift lever to P" error went away now and the car shuts off normally and the key comes out.

But now having been gone for a week on vacation I started up the car again tonight with the key and then shut it off and it gives me that "Move shift lever to P" error and the key has to be manually removed with the pin to pop it out.

Can anyone locally help me out with this and getting the keyless start installed successfully? Anyone have a VAG cable and program? I have a VAG cable for my 2001 Audi A4, not sure if that will work for the T-Reg?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-03-2008
Administrator

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Still looking
See your other post. https://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f4...elp-17582.html

Touareg Audio Accessories - Keyless Start - Paddle Shift ==>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode