Independent Shop in Denver? - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 12 Old 11-14-2013 Thread Starter
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
Independent Shop in Denver?

Are there any updates and competent independence shops in the Denver area?

I have a major brake failure happening which I suspect is the brake booster. Pedal more or less goes to the floor.

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and our

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-20-2013 Thread Starter
Still Plays With Cars

Garage
Bump, any suggestions?

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

and our

post #3 of 12 Old 11-20-2013

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
you can try wolfsburg autowerks in boulder, our old tech now works there.

rich
v8 treg offroad grey/teak GIAC/tt high flow cats/tt exhaust/K&Ns, 255/70/18 bridgestone at

chicagoland vw/audi performance and repair!
847-573-9691
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-20-2013

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: 2004 V8
Just got word that he has moved to johns 4x4 in boulder.
https://www.facebook.com/johns4x4center/info?ref=br_tf

rich
v8 treg offroad grey/teak GIAC/tt high flow cats/tt exhaust/K&Ns, 255/70/18 bridgestone at

chicagoland vw/audi performance and repair!
847-573-9691
post #5 of 12 Old 11-20-2013

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: 2012 V6 TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircooled View Post
Are there any updates and competent independence shops in the Denver area?

I have a major brake failure happening which I suspect is the brake booster. Pedal more or less goes to the floor.
Usually not the brake booster, although it can be. Check all your vacuum lines, pull them all , inspet all of them and check for cracks, and also check the diaphram on the vaccum pump if your Touareg is a TDI and not gas.

Brake to the floor indicates the master cylinder seals are shot, or you are low on brake fluid and it's now compressing air, due to massive brake pad wear without topping off the brake fluid.
post #6 of 12 Old 12-03-2013

Second Vehicle: Other
Not sure if you found someone yet but i have been going to Eurosport Automotive in Arvada for 13+ years. Dave is the guy who runs shop and he is amazing. They are located roughly at 55th and lamar, red brick building with a Porsche painted on the front of the building. Phone# 303-423-3715.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-04-2014

Touareg: 2013 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircooled View Post
Are there any updates and competent independence shops in the Denver area? I have a major brake failure happening which I suspect is the brake booster. Pedal more or less goes to the floor.
Aircooled- I'm wondering if you found a good shop and resolved your issue. I'm in Arvada and I'm experiencing what sounds like exactly the same problem! My interactions with Emich VW have not been positive and want to find a competent independent shop. I've used Anuthee Hufstetter for replacing my tandem pump gasket he is very good but focuses on the TDI engines mostly. BTW I'm suspecting the master cylinder not brake booster. When I bled my brakes a year ago there were little rusty particles that came out in the old fluid.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-04-2014 Thread Starter
Still Plays With Cars

Garage
I'll send you a PM, but in short, no I haven't found one yet.

and our

post #9 of 12 Old 04-04-2014 Thread Starter
Still Plays With Cars

Garage
And an update to my brake saga, still not repaired but I'm not driving it much these days. The vacuum pump is seized, (possibly due to a larger vacuum leak down the line?) and needs replacement before further diagnosis can proceed.

and our

post #10 of 12 Old 04-04-2014 Thread Starter
Still Plays With Cars

Garage
Here are a couple of suggestions from other folks in the area that a VW/Audi:

Hardey's Motorwerks - Parker
AutoWorks Colorado in Ken Caryl
3zero3 motorsports

and our

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode