DOES ANYONE HAVE A TRAILER I CAN HOOK UP TO? (CHICAGOLAND AREA) - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 3 Old 08-22-2009 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
DOES ANYONE HAVE A TRAILER I CAN HOOK UP TO? (CHICAGOLAND AREA)

Hey fellow treggers,

I just installed my oem hitch and had it vagged by another forum member. I had some issues with the vag com codes (see: Tow and Running Gear posts). If possible, I would like to hook up my treg to your trailer to see if I get any errors on my dash and to see that the brakes and turn signals work properly.
I live right by O'Hare airport and can meet you anywhere. I don't have my trailer yet, but I am doing my best to prepare for it. Thanks!
Lunch is on me!

'04 Touareg V8: Campy White/Teak, Nav, Air Susp, Winter Pkg, 19" Atheos, Michelin Latitudes.

MODS: Hardwired Valentine One, SS Side Step Bars, SS Pillar Posts, Cargo Nets, Self Installed OEM Hitch, Vagged, Kenwood cd/nav blue tooth unit, Ipod cable, Kenwood Back-up Camera.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-26-2009

Touareg: 2006 V8
I'm out west (Naperville).
My enclosed with the 7 pin wiring is stored out in Oswego.
I have a smaller utility trailer with 4 pin in the garage.
PM me if you haven't found anything.
My other thought for you is to try out a dealer like Advantage Trailer in Carol Stream. They are just off North Ave. Might be an easier drive ya.

2006 V8, Offroad Grey w/Teak. Package 3 w/19" (Nav, Air, Backup Cam, Park Sensors, OEM hitch, Phatbox)
post #3 of 3 Old 08-27-2009 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: Other
Hi Guage,

I like your idea. Thanks for your idea. I have passed by that place before. They should be able to easily hook me up.

'04 Touareg V8: Campy White/Teak, Nav, Air Susp, Winter Pkg, 19" Atheos, Michelin Latitudes.

MODS: Hardwired Valentine One, SS Side Step Bars, SS Pillar Posts, Cargo Nets, Self Installed OEM Hitch, Vagged, Kenwood cd/nav blue tooth unit, Ipod cable, Kenwood Back-up Camera.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode