Denver Area, CO - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 112 Old 01-04-2004 Thread Starter
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
Denver Area, CO

Hi! I have had my Touareg since early september. Took it off road about 3 days later.

Here it is January, and I can't imagine life without my Touareg! I have a link to pictures and video in my signature.

Any other Denver area owners yet on this board?

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and our

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 Old 01-04-2004
Touareg Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to azlinbackr Send a message via MSN to azlinbackr
WOW!! great pics and the video of you crossing the river!! I am impressed. So far you are the only person to do such a thing i know of yet. I havn't had the time to do an serious off-roading. Great work!!...

13240ft that is up there, good thing you don't have a carb LOL

V8 Touareg, Shadow Blue. Arizona State U!!!!!

post #3 of 112 Old 01-05-2004
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Other
GREAT PICTURES

Hey Aircooled,

Thanks for the pictures.... they're great. With you living in the south-metro area of Denver, we should get together sometime and go play in the mountains with our Touaregs.

2006 V6, Campy White, VIN 46xxx, Anthracite w/ Sound 1 and Xenon Headlight Upgrades, Monster Mats, 3M Window Tint, Euro Headlight Switch, Gorilla Gear Cargo Mat, Clear Bra, VW Tow Pkg, VW V8 Style Exhaust Tips, 18' Manhattans & Silver Racks
2013 Audi allroad: Ibis White with Layered Oak Inlays
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 112 Old 01-16-2004

Send a message via AIM to rush Send a message via Yahoo to rush
Nice!

I too am in Denver, but I haven't put my 18" wheels on yet. They just came in yesterday (1/15/04). So no 4-wheelin yet.

Regards,
Rush

Blue Silver V8 loaded
post #5 of 112 Old 01-18-2004 Thread Starter
Still Plays With Cars

Garage
Welcome Rush! What color is your Touareg and which dealership did it come from?

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

and our

post #6 of 112 Old 02-04-2004

I have the Blue Silver V8 with all the options available except OnStar.
It was the only one I could find with everything. I'll post some pictures when I get a minute.

I hate to bash a dealer, but I'm still _very_ unhappy with Osborn VW. They have "some" nice people but they did some No-No's that I just can't forgive.

Regards,
Rush

Blue Silver V8 loaded
post #7 of 112 Old 02-04-2004 Thread Starter
Still Plays With Cars

Garage
Don't get me started on Osborne. They would not take off their nameplate off of the back and LOST my sale because of it. In retrospect, it sound like it was the best mistake they could have made, for me at least. I bought from Tynan's and it seems to be good so far.

and our

post #8 of 112 Old 02-05-2004

Same here

Same here on the dealer badge.

They looked at me like I was on crack when I told them to take the badge off.

I could go on and on, but the long story short... They took the badge off and put TPMS in my second set of wheels.

Regards,
Rush

Blue Silver V8 loaded
post #9 of 112 Old 10-19-2004

Treg Owner in Parker, CO

I purchased a silver V-10 about a month ago and live in Parker, CO.
Love it so far. Only problem is that you can't really hear the rear speakers. If I fade all the way to the back, they work, but just not near what I expected from a 300 Watt 10 speaker system. The dealer (Mountain States) says they are all like that (biased heavily to the front).
My dealer experience was very good, overall. I didn't expect them to deal with me on what I think was their last 04 V-10, but they did.
I've gotten as high as 30.5 mpg at a steady 65 mph. Normal along the same route is around 25 though, so may have had a tailwind. Lots better than my 95 Bronco 5.8L.

Silver 2004 V-10 TDI
post #10 of 112 Old 10-19-2004 Thread Starter
Still Plays With Cars

Garage
Welcome to the Touareg family! I'm sure you are loving the V10. It is the envy of most every owner here! We should meet up some time to do some VAG-COM modifications that can make the ownership experience much more rewarding. Ask TREGinginCO (which I think live near you), he is happy to have the DRL's OFF.

We can also turn off the 'Accept' nag screen on your NAV radio.

Again, welcome!

and our

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode