Chicagoland VW Dealers - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 14 Old 02-12-2008 Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Dresden08
Chicagoland VW Dealers

Hey Forum,
i am new in here! Looking into buying me a used 06, better a 07 Treg in the Chicagolandarea in the next Month. Guess thats the best because of existing warrantys.
Does anybody has some experience with a good Dealership around here? Not sure yet if i should go with the V6 or V8.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 02-12-2008
Touareg Mechanic

I bought mine from City Volkswagen on Irving Park Road. So far I have had a great expierience with the staff and the service dept. there. Where in Chicago are you?
post #3 of 14 Old 02-13-2008 Thread Starter

I live in Schaumburg! I saw a lot about the Autobarns in Evenston or so at the internet...you ever heard about them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 02-25-2008

i've walked into the autobarns in evanston and countryside within the last two weeks..... imo, i don't care for them anymore... i've been browsing around cars.com and found afew used Tregs at both.... at both dealerships, they paid no attention to me.... if it was cuz i was wearing sweats and unshaven, who knows.... i did have my wife and newborn in tow, just incase anyone offered a test drive, NO LUCK..... i ended up buying mine, saturday, from carmax schaumburg....
post #5 of 14 Old 02-25-2008
Touareg Mechanic

CONGRATS!!
Well don't feel bad cuz I went to the one in evanston and they treated me the same way! I don't know if it was becuase I'm a young hispanic dressed in work uniform, or all my tattoos? That's usually what happens to me all over so I'm pretty used to it! I've heard from alot of people who have gone to that carmax and have had a good expierince. Now most importantly, were are the pics of the new ride?
post #6 of 14 Old 02-25-2008

thnx... pix will have to wait until some 'decent' weather.... maybe this weekend???
post #7 of 14 Old 02-25-2008 Thread Starter

Congratulations to the new ride... i am still looking forward for my own deal! Thats funny just live a few blocks from that Carmax...thought always they wont sell certified cars over there at carmax!
I will keep postet about my experience with these 2 Dealerships when i get closer to buyiing one (April-May) so far i see them most on every carwebside i log into in around here??
post #8 of 14 Old 03-13-2008

That must be the way Autobarn in Evanston is for everyone. I was in my suit, during a work day, and no one else was on the lot. I spent about ten minutes walking the lot outside and then when into the building to look at the five or six cars inside. Three employees and no one even said hello.
post #9 of 14 Old 08-19-2008 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKnight View Post
That must be the way Autobarn in Evanston is for everyone. I was in my suit, during a work day, and no one else was on the lot. I spent about ten minutes walking the lot outside and then when into the building to look at the five or six cars inside. Three employees and no one even said hello.
Hey;
after now saving up a lil more i upgradet my Wishlist from a 07 to a 08 Modell now! ...Just think its a better ride and has the Facelift wich i like more!
So i went also to Evanston last week to see what they got out there, after looking through all the Tregs at the net.
After me and my girl stood there for a while and try to figure out where all these Trucks are wich we saw at the net, finally one of the Salesguys came out. He took us to a Warehouse a few Blocks away ans showed us the Trucks. But they dont have the Treg a would like (08 Modell with Airride) so he said no problem we can get any Car you like "we are the biggest VW Dealer in Northamerica" so i gave him all my specs and my dates and till than i am waiting!!!!!!
No Phonecalls no E Mails....nothing!!
Do you guys know some better Dealerships around here? I mean unfortunally most cars i see are all from these Autobarns!!!
post #10 of 14 Old 08-19-2008
Touareg Mechanic

Dresden, I have said once I'll say it again The Autobarn in Evanston is the biggest POS in North America, seriously. As you will read on this forum, many I have to that dealership and have had a bad expiereince there. I bought mine from City Volkswagen on Irving Park.Great service and they actually acknowledge you when you walk through the door. Try it out.

Base 2004 V6, My ticking time bomb,...... GONE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode