07 TOUAREG NO CRANK NO START - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 08-06-2014 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2007 V6
Second Vehicle: Still looking
07 TOUAREG NO CRANK NO START

Thank everyone here in advance for i have scoured this this forum and found numerous posts that were of extreme value. There are some very knowelegable and helpful people here, and isn't that what it's about??? Thanks again.....So

I have a 07 V6 Touareg no crank, no start issue....i have read many posts here..including brain dead..still no joy........here's what i know...

had a problem a while back with water coming in to drivers side floor board, cleaned out the compartment that was causing the root of the problem, made some extra drainage.....inspected wiring harness...no corrosion yet...it has been dry now for about a month with no issues...

had some fuses that were bad...went thru the left, right and by the firewall and tested every single fuse..all good....

every once and a while the windshield wipers refuse to work......

replaced battery for key fob.....had about half a dozen starts and complete stops...(removal of key from ignition, lock vehicle and return and it starts) before critical faluire.......

8 months ago had a complete brake job done including new rotors.....ouch

every once and a while it would flash garage or something like that and would not shift into a high gear....25 mph max speed...(rpms too high).....then it would just go away and shift into higher gear....was making mention to the right front passenger side......

brake fluid was low so brake fluid was added and no air in system....

did 10 second reset as mentioned for trans reset....no joy..

when key is inserted i hear the steering column become unlocked...and two clicks in about less then a second coming from perhaps the instrument panel...no crank....jumped the starter directly and it cranks but seems as if no fire.....

put a 2amp trickle charge directly to the battery overnight...full charge...

instrament gauges for oil pressure, petro, water temp, and volts are completly dead.....

nav system seems to work....radio comes on...a/c blows...

sometimes the side mirrors close all the way to the door.......

had autozone run a check for error codes and wouldn't read.....guy said bad switch.....(but if the key is turned to the start position, and the steering column unlocks and windows roll up and down would this not be the case)????

drl and a ! with a circle around it and what looks like oh how you would make a picture of the sun little dashes surrounding the circle is also lit up....

so there you have it.........is there anyone out there that might help????? thanks in advance again....look forward to hearing from everyone....for there are so many like posts with no real definitive answer.......brian

PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO MAKE ME FEEL STUPID....i don't have a vag-com...i have the software and am in the process of making a cord to connect my laptop to the touareg...i've got limited funds for the minute and i'm just trying my best to get this thing to start......so any help advice, criticism, or just let the thing rust will do..!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-07-2014
Touareg Mechanic

Prolly want to avoid double posts

2006 V10 TDI Reflex Silver/Anthracite w/Monster Mats, Cargo Shell, Nokian WRG2's, Telestart T91 and VCDS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode