Extended warranty’s - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 7 Old 03-27-2019 Thread Starter

Extended warranty’s

I’m looking for a recommendation for extended warranty on my 2013 Touareg V6 lux. The warranty I have is horrible. I have my Touareg in the shop at the dealership right now and it’s costing me 3000.00 to have it repaired in which my warranty will not cover anything. I have to get the ecu and pedal replaced and repined. I hoping l could find one that’s better than I have. I’m in Maryland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-14-2019

Touareg: 2015 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Do you have one already? If so, I'd be finding out why those items aren't covered.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-14-2019
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2011 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Warranties are insurance policies. The price (i.e., the premium) of the warranty is designed so that the warranty company pays less in claims than they receive in premium payments. This means that for most people, the warranty will cost more in premiums, than the policy pays in claims. I do not buy extended warranties for this reason. There are exceptions to this, and people will be quick to point this out, however over the long term for most people, extended warranties are not financially beneficial instruments.

I would read your warranty very carefully, three times, then fight the good fight with the company for coverage, if your claim is not explicitly excluded in the policy language.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-29-2019 Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. I’ve learned a lot about warranties now!!!!! If you don’t do your Due diligence and research you will be wasting your time and especially your money. To no avail My warranty company not in my opinion worth a darn. I know now shop around before one decides to purchase one at a dealership for the extended version. Never had a complaint about the factory ones covering any things.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-30-2019
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo C View Post
Iím looking for a recommendation for extended warranty on my 2013 Touareg V6 lux. The warranty I have is horrible. I have my Touareg in the shop at the dealership right now and itís costing me 3000.00 to have it repaired in which my warranty will not cover anything. I have to get the ecu and pedal replaced and repined. I hoping l could find one thatís better than I have. Iím in Maryland
Try Carchecx, I had them and never had any complaints. Just make sure when you buy it there is a clear definition of what they mean by wear and tear.

My baby: 1969 300SEL 6.3
post #6 of 7 Old 04-30-2019
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2016 V6 TDI
Second Vehicle: too many to list
dis you buy this when you bgt the car? If you did I would do a war dance with the dealer who made a bunch of dough on that policy. They should stand by the policy they sold you. Is this a 10yr and mileage policy? Does it still fall under the terms of the warranty? Lots of questions here. Let us know how it turns out.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-30-2019 Thread Starter

Yes the warranty was purchased at the dealership when buying my Touareg and I tried to go at them about the repairs. But what I found out was I will shop around to find one and ask for written details on what’s covered. My mistake was taking a salesperson word on any damn thing!!!! And the next thing is I spend 3 grand for a warranty that covers pretty much wiper motors and windows switches and the normal powertrain and engine internal components.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode