For Sale: Parting out my 2006 Touareg - Club Touareg Forums
 1Likes

post #1 of 32 Old 03-02-2017 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Unhappy Parting out my 2006 Touareg

Well, it happened. I threw my timing bely on my 2006 VW Touareg one week before I had it slotted to repair. I knew what it was before I even finished coasting to a stop. sickening. I loved that car (apparently not enough or I would have never allowed this to happen) anyway, after a month of pouting about it, feeling sorry for myself and searching out my options, I decided to not only get rid of her, but to prolong the torture by parting her out. Just got back from Denver with my "new" ride. (2008 Audi Q7 4.2 FSI) and now I must begin the painful task of dismantling the T-reg.

Considering, I became a ClubTouareg member soon after buying the car (2012) and having benefited from much information and advice on here, it only seems fitting to offer up the salvaged parts to my fellow club members first.
And hopefully at a fair price that will please both me and you guys (and gals). I'm also interested in gauging the demand for certain parts by your input via private messages, responding to a thread I started earlier this evening in the "newcomers" section of the forums or any other means that holds within the boundaries put in place by our gracious hosts.

I will entertain any reasonable offers for batch purchases or specific needs if possible. what I got is a 2006 (gunmetal) "offroad gray" factory paint color code: LSTD7U Touareg fully loaded complete with air ride suspension, OE roof rack, Napa leather "comfort" seats, winter package, power everything, central locking keyless entry system, three spare key FOBs, Vavona wood decorative inserts, comfort bumpers with chrome plated strips, six-disc CD changer, DVD Navigation system, complete Bentley service manual on CD with packaging, 20'' turbo wheels with 70% plus tire tread, spare tire, full set replacement brakes (NIB) and a power plant with all parts and components fully intact and functional. (except the engine which has the aforementioned broken timing belt). Its been a great car and does not deserve such a uneventful death. ( would have prefered a high speed chase across the Mexican boarder or a high interest bank robbery. Maybe something involving a ramp and the Grand Canyon hell I don't know.

But, it is what it is...

Thanks for your time and consideration,

Ben Blaylock
(Facebook)
Saint Louis, Missouri
ClubTouareg member since 09/20/12
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	010.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	171538  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 03-03-2017

Touareg: 2004 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
Garage
Total bummer friend How much would you let the roof rack go for?
post #3 of 32 Old 03-05-2017

What brakes are on it? 330mm 17z brembos?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 Old 03-05-2017
Touareg Mechanic

Touareg: 2004 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
I am in the market for a rear diff stepper motor, is yours ok and what do you want for it?
post #5 of 32 Old 03-05-2017

Touareg: 2005 V8
Second Vehicle: a bicycle
Garage
Is the rubber on the shift column still intact? I need one. What is your preferred payment method? Does it have push-button start?

Thanks and sorry about the damage. I just did the same job and feel blessed to have mine still on the road.

2005 Colorado Red V8 w/ Air, Tow, and severe button whitening. I love it already.
Needs a little TLC but what doesn't?
post #6 of 32 Old 03-05-2017

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: VW 2
Garage
Sorry to read about this. I've just bought one and I need a couple of things. Maybe you might have them still.

I need parts to fix a rear console assembly. I need the storage compartment that's under the air ducts, the left and right blank covers where optional seat heater controls would be and the flip out power outlet that goes in between the covers (or seat heaters).
I need a chrome bumper skuff strip. Mine has a crack.
I need a gray rear cargo cover. (i didn't see where you mentioned the color of your interior, mine is anthracite.)
I don't need but could use a hitch receiver (and trailer wiring harness too, if you had one installed)

The dealer is supposed to provide also new right front wheel well liner and mirror switch, but I may need those too.

Please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it.
John

I have an '08 T2, but I think what i am asking for should work, except maybe the mirror switch. I don't have the folding mirror option.
post #7 of 32 Old 03-06-2017 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: Still looking
P.S.

It has the power seat & mirror memory package power passenger seat, 4 zone HVAC & rear seat heaters as well...the thing is loaded.
It was in the VW lease program it's whole life (before me) that some dealer out west spec'ed it out with everything. Even dealerships here in St.Louis cannot believe all the options packed into this thing...if it was available in 2006, it's got it.

Ben Blaylock
(Facebook)
Saint Louis, Missouri
post #8 of 32 Old 03-07-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2004 V8
Second Vehicle: is not a VW
I'm interested in the front belly pan if it's not broken

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
post #9 of 32 Old 03-09-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2005 V8
Second Vehicle: is jealous
Hi, I have a 2005 V8 and am in need of several parts if you still have them. My interior is Anthracite. Please let me know if you have them and how much you are asking. Thank you so much.

Bentley Service Manual DVD
Glove box upper tray (the lock broke on mine)
The left rear window screen
Windshield wiper covers
Upper radiator fan
Rear cargo area cover
Towing wiring/controller box (located next to the CD changer)
Passenger side rear column cover?
Small headrest

2005 V8, Reflex Silver/Anthracite cricket leather, Chrome mirror covers, rear roof spoiler, monster mats, Cargo net/mat, mirror pillar covers, exact match Llumar front tint, Kessy, HID BI Xenons, aftermarket hitch, aFe Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S air filters, secondary cats removed, front and rear plastic "skid plates", roof rack with full-sized spare, Nitto Terra-Grapplers, and VAG-COM'd by my good friend Chris.
post #10 of 32 Old 03-10-2017
Touareg Enthusiast

I'm interested in the headlights, and interior parts, depending on the color. Sorry about the bad luck...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode