Club Touareg Forum banner

Carfax

For Sale: 
2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  warminwisco 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place or allowed, but if anyone needs a Carfax, PM me.

#3 ·
Just to update a bit... I paid $55 for unlimited reports by license plate and 5 VINs for 60 days which ends on 2/14/16. I ended up only using 1 VIN report. I'd like to recoup my money a bit so maybe $10 each for VIN reports and free for license plate ones?

Car fax also has a new service called my Carfax.com where you can get some basic service (no owner info) for free.

#11 ·
Just to update a bit... I paid $55 for unlimited reports by license plate and 5 VINs for 60 days which ends on 2/14/16. I ended up only using 1 VIN report. I'd like to recoup my money a bit so maybe $10 each for VIN reports and free for license plate ones?
Not trying to be a buzz-kill, but you are in violation of your contract with Carfax. Another car forum I frequent will lock threads like these, due to a TOS violation regarding illegal activity.

Caveat emptor...

Excerpted from Carfax Terms of Service:
--------------------Copy--------------...
CARFAX and its affiliates and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark and other applicable intellectual property laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, no copying, redistribution, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without the express written permission of CARFAX or the copyright owner.
CARFAX offers you access to the Site and to the Content available on the Site solely for your own personal and non-commercial use. You may not resell or make any commercial use of the Site or the Content. You may not make use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices. You may not download or copy any account information for the benefit of any other merchant.

#5 ·
Ok, new update. I've done two plate runs here and it seems easiest if you PM me your email as well as your plate or VIN so I can email the report as a pdf straight from the app/site.

Remember if you have a plate number, I'll run it for free, so send me that first.

Cheers.

#7 ·
All PMs done. No payment necessary if you give me your plate number. Trying to give back to the community a bit. The ones that are limited are the VIN only look up which should only be necessary if the car is at a dealership and doesn't currently have a plate.

-Kevin

#9 ·
Kev, Thanks for the Carfax off my liscense. I picked up a 014 Exec TDI in August from the local dealer. The owner driven Treg was serviced at 4k when I got it, now has 11,209 when they did adblue and I am the first owner(5 service to date). Just as I was told from my salesman and accurate.

It was totally nice to buy a Treg at a fairprice locally. Did not have to drive, service where I bought it. 014 Exec, 4 k miles $46,250 first owner all on Carfax. Thanks Kevin and Fincher

#12 ·
As the buzz has obviously been killed...

I may or may not still have some VINs and unlimited plate look ups available. My membership may or may not expire in two weeks, so you should or should not hurry if you need one.

If anyone from Carfax is reading this, these are not the Carfaxeses that you are looking for...

#13 ·
I did not pm ya. Ok so car fax has gotten it mandated that insurance adjusters put a general note on all the claims they payout blindly often drastically reducing resale value of ones car by lobbing politicians and insurance companies that so by law they adjusters must report any claim. Doesn't matter if you took it to A stellar body shop or not and now we support these crooked insurance companies and politicians by calling out fellow bloggers? Shame

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.