For Sale: Blitzsafe VW Mlink v1 iphone aux input - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 11 Old 01-15-2012 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Touareg: 2008 V6
Second Vehicle: Other
Blitzsafe VW Mlink v1 iphone aux input

This is an iPhone input for most facelift Touaregs with Basic CD player. Originally this was a sat bypass unit, allowing you to keep Sirius and CD changer. As this never worked fully, I simply converted the harness it to replace CD changer and Sirius all together. This charges the iPhone/iPod. All controls remain on the iDevice. I believe you could contact Blitzsafe and get a new harness for fairly cheap if you still wanted the bypass option for the CD changer and Sirius.

Originally I paid something like $89 shipped. I'm asking $40 shipped to US. $50 shipped to Canada.

Email me or PM. Terrywood02 at me dot com. Paypal only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-406475103.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	15372  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-16-2012 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Actually, thinking about this further, this will ONLY remove Sirius. Your factory CD changer should still function!
post #3 of 11 Old 01-16-2012

Touareg: 2005 V8
Second Vehicle: is jealous
Very interest but new to touaregs, will this work with 2005 model w basic radio?
No Sirius nor CD Changer, just stock radio unit - looking to direct ipod the unit vs using a FM transmitter. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 01-16-2012 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Should work perfectly according to Blitzsafe!
Blitzsafe - VW / M-LINK1 V.1

If not, ill refund your money -$5 for shipping and you just need to ship it back to me.

This should be very plug and play. All you need is radio removal keys. After hooking it up the radio should recognize it as a cd changer. Just press CD and the radio will display Disc 1 Track 99. Then your input is active. The charging system will remain active 20 minutes after shutdown. Press CD again and it should switch to your internal CD player.

Let me know, paypal is terrywood02 at gmail.com and I can have it mailed tomorrow morning.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-16-2012

Sorry, just got home from long weekend trip, nothing beats 4 hours on the interstate with a V8 getting 12~16mpg .. *sigh*

Looks like it'll work just fine, do I even need the Blitzsafe adapter or can I just use that cable directly from factory oem unit to ipod/iphone?

$40 shipped right - any chance for some wiggle room, hehe.. did I mention my 12~16mpg?

Minnesota right? I used to live in Iowa until I moved to Missouri for a job, was up not too long ago up at Mall of America and downtown Nicolette area.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-16-2012 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

You'll need the box for sure. It is what converts the iPhone cable to something the head unit sees as a CD Changer.

I can't wiggle on the price or my wife will (literally) hit me. Like I said, your getting a steal at $40 shipped! They are $100 through Blitzsafe and the cheapest I saw was 79 + shipping.

Have to say i'm a much bigger fan of Nicollet than Mall of America, but both need a nice clean and wax!

Let me know if were good to go and shoot over the paypal. I'll mail it priority mail, so you should have it by Thursday or Friday at the latest.
post #7 of 11 Old 01-16-2012 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

You can! I'm just waiting for Katamari to finishing rolling stuff up.. erm... confirm he wants it. If he doesn't I will PM you right away!
post #8 of 11 Old 01-16-2012 Thread Starter
Touareg Enthusiast

Looks like the Katamari is going to take it! Sorry!
post #9 of 11 Old 01-16-2012

Don't hate me .. I'm just another cog of the bureaucracy .. wait wtf am i talking about?

I beat you~ so suck it Phoenx~ ! Just kidding, If I don't like it, you can have it Phoenx!

I just hate FM Transmitters bc the channels always get static or some country stations kicks in every 5-10 miles.. LOL ~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode