For Sale: 2010 Sapphire Blue Touareg VR6, 247k, VA - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 12 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

2010 Sapphire Blue Touareg VR6, 247k, VA

Up for sale, 2010 Sapphire Blue Touareg VR6 R50 clone (so it has the body kit, 20in wheels, carbon fiber trim, two-tone interior, etc).

Car has 147,xxx miles and will slowly increase as it's my wife's daily.
Car had a minor accident where the front driver corner got scuffed. I touched it up with the proper color code, but it's not perfect (see pictures)
It's been randomly throwing a misfire code, so I just ordered 6 new coil packs from ECS which I will install when they get here. Hopefully that'll fix the issue. Only thing that doesn't work on the car is the driver seat heater. Everything else works perfect. Car has navigation, backup camera, heated steering wheel, color MFA, push button start, etc etc.
New rotors/pads and tires all the way around last October. Car has a really good service history, and the guy that owned it before us owned it for most of its life and took really excellent care of it.
Only reason for selling is another baby on the way, so looking to get a Q7.

Clean title in hand. Car is located in Strasburg, VA

Asking $9,000 but make an offer

Please feel free to call/text 540.409.seven580 for more information

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Having the hardest time finding how to edit a thread....

IMPORTANT ***TITLE OF THREAD IS MISTYPED** Car has 147,xxx miles.
post #3 of 12 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Touareg: 2015 Hybrid
Second Vehicle: Still looking
Gorgeous! What sort of gas mileage do you get and anything that currently needs fixing right now or in near term? Or can someone buy it and drive it for at least year before needing anything major?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Thanks! Gas mileage fluctuates depending on the driving, but it hangs in the low 20s.
This car has been awesome for us, and I think it would absolutely go a year (and further) with no major issues. It's got new rotors/pads and tires all around, and I just ordered new coil packs and will install them once they get here.
The driver seat heater didn't work last time I tried it, but I never investigated that further.
post #5 of 12 Old 3 Weeks Ago

I used to own 2008 Passat 4Motion and when it stuttered at idle, it wasnít because of the cool packs. One possibility was that it could have been timing chain starting to come off center.

Do these have this sort of same design/problem?

Sorry Iím asking these questions because Iíd love to seriously consider buying it but I have obstacles on my end. Selling my 2015 Touareg Hybrid or just trading it in which would be a loss on my end.

I will think if I can come up with something in this next week and reach out if you still have it for sale.

post #6 of 12 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Yeah, it doesn't stutter at idle, just an occasional misfire. I think it might be coil pack/ignition related, so looking into it. No chain noise or anything like that on this car, which is very typical if the chains/tensioners are going bad. No problem at all on the questions. Btw, feel free to text/call me if you'd like at 540.409.7580

I completely understand. I'm selling this in order to get a Q7, but have to sell this first haha.

Okay, that sounds good to me. Again, feel free to text/call at the number above.
post #7 of 12 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Awesome thank you for sharing that. Iíll save your number as well.

What trim level is this so I have an idea of what options came standard? Rear camera, parking sensors, etc...

post #8 of 12 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Yeah, no problem!
I'm pretty sure its the Lux Limited. Has the sunroof, bi-xenons, heated steering wheel, color MFA, navigation, automatic hatch, the factory body kit, 20 inch wheels, etc. Basically everything that was available.
post #9 of 12 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

And yes, the parking sensors and backup camera as well
post #10 of 12 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

**UPDATE**

It appears that the CEL has been fixed. I just installed 6 new coil packs and the light has not come back on, so it's looking like that was the issue.
Car has NO other codes! No dummy lights on at all.

Someone make an offer and come get it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in