For Sale: 2008 Touareg V10 TDI - Edmonton, AB, Canada - 21K CAD OBO - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 1 Old 47 Minutes Ago Thread Starter

Touareg: 2008 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: Other
2008 Touareg V10 TDI - Edmonton, AB, Canada - 21K CAD OBO

Hello fellow Touareg enthusiasts,

I have decided to sell my 2008 V10. It is a vehicle that I have desired for a long time and I was finely in the right position to purchase, but now would like to sell. I require something smaller to commute to work with, this one has treated me very well so far, but fueling it up weekly and insurance, etc, just isn't in my best interest at this point.

I bought this off of a fellow club Touareg member in April 2018 who also bought it off of a member here. It is in great condition and has given me no major hassles.

I do no have access to any prior service records, so I don't know when or if the turbos, tandem pump, etc have been replaced. The carfax does indicate three engine out repairs, however. At this time, the engine and related parts do not exhibit any issues. Tandem pump was checked at purchase, and was good. It had a vacuum leak causing brake issues that was repaired by new vacuum lines. Has not shown any issues since.

Particulars:
2008 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI
VIN: WVGPT77L88D034931
Current mileage: 117,000 miles or 187,000 kms (driven daily, so this is increasing)
Price: $21,000 CAD or $15,500 USD

PROS:

-Interior is in like new condition, no rips, tears or wear
-Paint is in very good condition. It has accumulated a few rock chips on the hood, but they are minor
-Runs very good. No leaks, does not exhibit any noises related to cam wear, pulls strong, no codes or check engine lights. does not burn oil, or smoke irregularly (only during DPF regens)
-Everything works as it should.
-Tires were replaced at 174,000 KMs with Continental DWS06s.
-Last oil change was at 180,000 KMs. Replaced the fuel filter at this time. I have the cabin and air filters ready to install, as well as the oil filter for the next change.

MINOR ISSUES
-It can not be run below less than 3/8 of a tank. I fill it up at 1/2 tank every week, and have never the vehicle quit or run out of fuel. My best guess is that it is related to the drivers side in tank fuel pump. Have not taken the time to troubleshoot as it has not affected me.
-once in a while (has happened less than 15 times in the 14 months of ownership), it will not start due to a kessy module mismatch with the truck. You'll get in vehicle, push the start button, and nothing will happen, except the radio comes on. so you'll have to access the fuse panel on the drivers side and pull the fuses for the kessy module ( I have installed larger fuses so these are clearly visible). replace them and it'll start right up like nothing happened.
-drivers door is sagging, and the drivers door handle does not pull like the other doors, like the cables stretched or something
-windshield got a rock chip, and has turned into a crack. Will replace the windshield upon sale.

I am open to offers as I don't know what the current V10 market looks like. There is currently only one other 2008 V10 for sale with 56,000 more miles, and its priced for 15K USD.

here is my eBay ad with more pictures:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/273845779286

I can take any other pics and send videos if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2139.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	830.6 KB
ID:	223703   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2134.jpg
Size:	703.6 KB
ID:	223705  

Name:	IMG_2133.jpg
Size:	661.8 KB
ID:	223707   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2127.jpg
Size:	653.3 KB
ID:	223709  

Name:	IMG_2126.jpg
Size:	692.9 KB
ID:	223711   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2123.jpg
Size:	728.4 KB
ID:	223713  

Name:	IMG_2122.jpg
Size:	764.3 KB
ID:	223715   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2120.jpg
Size:	696.2 KB
ID:	223717  

Name:	IMG_2118.jpg
Size:	776.4 KB
ID:	223719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2117.jpg
Size:	525.8 KB
ID:	223721  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2008 VOLKSWAGEN TOUAREG 2 V10 TDI - WVGPT77L88D034931.pdf (424.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: txt Log-HMA 915-WVGPT77L88D034931-165750km-102992mi.txt (18.5 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« '16 Exec parts... | - »
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode