For Sale: 2006 VW Touareg V10 TDI - 135K - $16,500obo - CA - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 3 Old 10-03-2016 Thread Starter

Touareg: 2006 V10 TDI
Second Vehicle: VW 2
2006 VW Touareg V10 TDI - 135K - $16,500obo - CA

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI 4x4 –

Located in Tracy CA - just over the hill from the SF Bay Area

2 owner California car. Black on black with tons of features except the rear differential locker (you can lock the transfer case though). I bought it 2 years ago with 80k miles from a horse doctor in Santa Barbara. It was his wife’s car and was meticulously dealer maintained; used for shopping and family trips. This was my wife’s car and commuted as well as a few camping trips. It just took us 3000 miles cross country this summer with no issues.
Currently has 135k miles and I am asking $16,500 with everything. Please email with question but I do want to give full details:

I have all dealer maintenance history. New parts include:

- 02 sensors (previous owner under warranty)
- Driveshaft carrier bearing (previous owner)
- Brand new tandem pump (5k miles ago)
- New thermostat (5k miles ago)
- New MAF and MAP sensors with new air filters (5k miles ago)
- All 4 wheel bearings (done 2k miles ago by Dublin VW)
- ALL fluids and filters changed last year (differentials, transmission, steering and brake)
- New cabin filter and blower (last week)
- New headlight xenon bulbs
- Oil changed every 5-6k mi

Upgrades/Enhancements and extras – All done in the last 16 months (over $5k in extras)

- 20” Porsche turbo II rep wheels w/ Kumho tires
- 18” gunmetal wheels w/ Nitto Grappler tires
- Touareg2 roof rails with Tule Aero bars
- HPS SUV brake pads
- LED taillights
- Push Button Start
- Rear roof spoiler
- Pioneer NEX 4100 car play DVD stereo – Bluetooth, Android Auto etc.
- Rockford Fosgate all in one 12 inch box woofer.
- Hopkins stealth trailer brake with remote screen and controls
- Programa Electronic lowering module (adds even more adjustability to the air suspension)
- Malone Stage 1 tune with controller (you can go to stock whenever) – also have file for DPF delete if you plan to remove diesel filters. Tune makes about 350hp and almost 600lbs/ft of torque!

This is an amazing – do it all suv. The air suspension allows you to go sporty and low around town or raise it up for an instant 6 inch lift for offroad. It can also tow a HUGE amount (7700lbs towing capacity).
Gas mileage is about 18 city and 22 hwy. That is pretty good for something this powerful but my wife is driving even more now and we are looking at getting a hybrid + a cheap truck for camping.

This car has been lovingly cared for by a VW enthusiast (I currently own 3). I know everything about this SUV and it has never been neglected. The only issue we ever had was the tandem pump gasket leaking (I replaced the whole unit just to be sure it will go another 100k) and the wheel bearings (all 4 are new Timken units). The rest was just preventative maintenance.

The bad - :
- Both front and rear A/Cs blow cold but there is a code for a stuck actuator – doesn’t really affect anything except I feel one of the front vents does not blow as much.
- The paint and leather are great except for at the right front of the hood and fender it has some weird stain (see pics)
- Window has 2 chips that are sealed so they will not spread.
- Rear lower bumper was replaced due to scratches but the exhaust notches are not perfectly lined up (see pics).
I wanted to disclose everything. No surprises. I have purchased cars out of state and it is frustrating to find out it is not as described. I do not want to deceive anyone. Tons of pics online but if you need anything specific, let me know. Thanks for looking

TONS OF PICS:
https://goo.gl/photos/V65Khf44euDzzhaEA

CAR FAX:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4c...ew?usp=sharing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-19-2016

Still available?????

I would like to talk to you about your touareg if it is still available? Thanks
post #3 of 3 Old 02-23-2017

Hi there,

I live in the bay area and am looking to buy a vehicle this week. Very interested in yours. Would be great if you could shoot me a text even if it is not available. I can be reached at (831)239-8319. Thank You

Best

Jeremy Gamero

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode