Colorado Rockies - Summer 2004 - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 30 Old 12-09-2003 Thread Starter
Touareg Mechanic

Send a message via AIM to Mike
Colorado Rockies - Summer 2004

"A group of about a dozen county-wide Touareg Owners is organizing a
'Summer 2004 Colorado Rockies Touareg Ralley.' They are seeking a few
more serious signees in order to reach the pre-determined maximum group size of 15-18. The Ralley will be held Tuesday through Thursday of the weeks July 19-23rd or July 26-30th. Location will be in the San Juan Mountains of South-Central Colorado and will utilize what is known as the "Alpine Loop", a connecting series of Class I non-paved roads that cross 10,000 ft.
elevation several times. Accommodations will be booked in the area of Lake City, Silverton, Ouray, Durango & Telluride ... before, during and just after the event. Activities include to much to repeat here but, are shaping up to 'impressive.' To get your name on the list, contact:
[email protected]"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 12-16-2003

Count me in.....Let me know the details

George
West Palm Beach, Fl
[email protected]

2004 Touareg V8
Venetian Green, Air suspension
post #3 of 30 Old 12-16-2003
Touareg Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to azlinbackr Send a message via MSN to azlinbackr
Sounds like a great time. You can count me in! Just a question is the rally going to be similiar to this video only with elevation change......

http://www.me.mtu.edu/~jpbialas/rallyxvids/jeep2.mov

looks fun!

I bet I could beat that Jeep

I found this link for the alpine loop.....do ya have anything with more information....

http://sangres.com/byways/alpine.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 Old 12-19-2003
Touareg Enthusiast

I have talked to Robert from Motodyne. He has just finished his supercharged V8 Touareg and is interested in attending this event to unvail the the power of his Touareg (450hp......as much as the Cayanne!!!) He also has a few European tuner companies he works with that have built a Touareg for desert racing. They may also show interest in attending.

V8 Touareg, Shadow Blue. Arizona State U!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 30 Old 01-01-2004

Alpine Trail

Hey guy

I have the optional 19" wheels with summer performance tires. Do you know if they can be used for this rally or should I change them over to all season tires.

thanks

2004 Touareg V8
Venetian Green, Air suspension
post #6 of 30 Old 01-04-2004
Still Plays With Cars

Touareg: 2006 V8
Second Vehicle: 2006 V10 TDI
Garage
I would not use those tires off road, although some mights. I would consider getting at least all weather or something more with a more off-road friendly tread.

I am going to be looking into getting some 16" steel wheel fabricated here in Colorado for my Touareg specifically for off-roading. When I get some more info on this wheel, I will post info to this forum.

// 06 V10 TDI, Reflex Silver/Teak--Loaded

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 08 27' Airstream International CCD :: Airforums.com Member - "Westfalia"
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-\ CLUB TOUAREG ADMINISTRATOR -\
Please read our Club Touareg
and our

post #7 of 30 Old 01-04-2004
Still Plays With Cars

Garage
azlinbackr, our rally will be MUCH slower (not to mention warmer) than that video .

// 06 V8, Campy White/Teak--Air--DVD NAV--Backup Cam--Kessy--Winter--Xenon--RDL--Factory Hitch--Dakar Offroad Front Skid Plate
// 77 VW Transporter Westfalia P21 Weekender, 2.0L Fuel Injection, Pastel Weiß/Orange Plaid--STOCK

and our

post #8 of 30 Old 01-04-2004
Touareg Enthusiast

OK just wondering. I have not doone much four wheelin in a looooong time and need some refreshers

V8 Touareg, Shadow Blue. Arizona State U!!!!!

post #9 of 30 Old 01-04-2004
Still Plays With Cars

Garage
I am looking into getting some professional off-road training before the event for anyone that is interested. It will probably focus on obstacle clearance, traction control technology/use and extraction techniques. Of course this is all subject to change until we actually book it.
Ideas?

Here is the link: http://www.avalancheohvranch.com/

and our

post #10 of 30 Old 01-05-2004
Touareg Guru

Touareg: Still looking
Second Vehicle: Other
I'M INTERESTED

I would like to know what kind of money is involved.... the time off won't be a problem.

2006 V6, Campy White, VIN 46xxx, Anthracite w/ Sound 1 and Xenon Headlight Upgrades, Monster Mats, 3M Window Tint, Euro Headlight Switch, Gorilla Gear Cargo Mat, Clear Bra, VW Tow Pkg, VW V8 Style Exhaust Tips, 18' Manhattans & Silver Racks
2013 Audi allroad: Ibis White with Layered Oak Inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode