V711 Firmware Update for RNS850 - Club Touareg Forums

post #1 of 2 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

V711 Firmware Update for RNS850

I downloaded the RNS850 image from following link shared by Fincher:

mrpdf.com _4AQwpopEoQ9wxR

Do I still need an activation code or anything else?

Thanks,
Xiaowei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Well the issue that I had with my Touareg 2011 (US) is telephone not working, there are bunch of devices in the bluetooth list, which can't be deleted, trying to pair with a new phone, and only in vain. Took a trip to dealer, and they say it might be that there were just too many bluetooth devices in the list which overwhelmed the system, which sounds like a bug in the firmware that finally caused the bluetooth to stop working.

I did some research into the discussion on here, and seems like there were a few other people also running into the same issue. Could anyone please share a step-by-step complete solution for this?

1) What is the most effective solution for this? Say, how to delete the bluetooth device list data that triggered the issue while data can't be deleted as normally would. Can I do it via OBD compatible software?
2) If I have to update firmware from the very old version 0170 to a more recent version (say 0711), where can I DL the correct firmware? How to flash the ISO file onto a SD card myself so to make it a mountable disk by the RNS850 system? Should I buy activation code in order to install the firmware? What is the quickest/best way to buy the activation code if it's needed? Anything else that's needed to make sure the firmware can be successfully installed?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club Touareg Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode